Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Teaching Australia assessment terminology

Teaching Australia assessment terminology

Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

Fairfax101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Teaching Australia assessment terminology

Hello,
I am an American in the process of completing the skills assessment but am somewhat confused. I currently hold a B.A. in English and a M.Ed. in Special Education. I am aware that Teaching Australia will not recognize my special education courses. However, I have since taken the required courses to add an English and Social Studies/History (grades 6-8) endorsement to my teaching license. My goal is to teach special education in NSW. However, I must use my general education qualifications for immigration requirements.

So, section 13a asks "What is the name of the qualification/award in English?" and "What is the normal entry requirement for the course (or name of examination)?"

What exactly are they asking?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 7:50 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teaching Australia assessment terminology

In Section 13a you would put the details for your BA Engligh.

For the 'Normal entry requirements' question you would put the entry requirements for this course (look in the prospectus), for example - 3 A Levels ABB.

In Section 14 you would put your MEd in Special Education with the usual entry requirements for that course.

In Section 15 you would put any other post-secondary qualifications you may have.