Teaching in Australia

Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:59 am
Just Joined

runner is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Teaching in Australia

I'm trying to register as a teacher in Victoria - but it appears all I have to do is take my GTCS certificate, degree certificate and reference from my head teacher with me???
Very confused after being on the Victorian Institute for teaching Website?
???confused???
Can anyone offer some advice?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:13 am
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all
Default Re: Teaching in Australia

Originally Posted by runner
I'm trying to register as a teacher in Victoria - but it appears all I have to do is take my GTCS certificate, degree certificate and reference from my head teacher with me???
Very confused after being on the Victorian Institute for teaching Website?
???confused???
Can anyone offer some advice?
Not quite enough - from memory - you need to download the relevant form (form B i think) to register as an overseas teacher. You need to attach proof of your service - i got letters from my LEAs and the reference from your headteacher needs to show you match the VIT standards. I also think you need to attach your qualifications report from Teaching Australia (although I may be getting confused....)

ANyway if you get the right form it's fairly obvious - they also respond very quickly and helpfully to emails.

Hope this helps.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sniffydog
Not quite enough - from memory - you need to download the relevant form (form B i think) to register as an overseas teacher. You need to attach proof of your service - i got letters from my LEAs and the reference from your headteacher needs to show you match the VIT standards. I also think you need to attach your qualifications report from Teaching Australia (although I may be getting confused....)

ANyway if you get the right form it's fairly obvious - they also respond very quickly and helpfully to emails.

Hope this helps.
You need to fill in form A and For b.

Form A you need teaching quals, other degrees, birth certs etc (it's all on form A guidelines)

Form B you need to prove you meet all the standards set and get a professional reference from your school and provide evidence of this.

You also need a character reference.

Have you found the correct forms to be filled in on the VIT website? I found them very clear.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:32 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hereshoping
You need to fill in form A and For b.

Form A you need teaching quals, other degrees, birth certs etc (it's all on form A guidelines)

Form B you need to prove you meet all the standards set and get a professional reference from your school and provide evidence of this.

You also need a character reference.

Have you found the correct forms to be filled in on the VIT website? I found them very clear.
I knew someone would clarify! My route was somewhat different as I'm registered in NZ so I think I did form E for prov. reg then form B for full (which is very easy!)
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

runner is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Teaching in Australia

Hi
Thank you hereshoping but do you get the form from the Victorian Institute of Teaching website - i seem to be going in circle
Thank you
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by runner
Hi
Thank you hereshoping but do you get the form from the Victorian Institute of Teaching website - i seem to be going in circle
Thank you
I just put the link on your other thread.