Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Which subjects to choose at Uni?

Which subjects to choose at Uni?

Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Celine_B is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Which subjects to choose at Uni?

Hi,

I am a French girl and i am currently applying for some universities on UCAS.
I have been in Australia for 2 years now, so it is time for me to start some studies. However my boyfriend lives in Australia (from New Zealand). I am not sure if I am going to stay yet so I am trying to prepare some plans for the future.
I have always wanted to be a teacher and if I am going to uni in the UK, I was considering doing a joint degree in French/German (or applied languages in Ireland) but I don't think this could help to come back later to Australia if I m not doing a partner visa. However I would like to keep French just in case but I was wondering what I could join it with? Sciences are unfortunately out of the way, have never been good at it...if maths are involved!

Otherwise if I want to stay in Australia from now on, I was thinking about an Education support diploma in 1.5 years. Anyone heard about it?

Thank you for your help,
Celine