British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Teaching (https://britishexpats.com/forum/teaching-80/)
-   -   Statement of eligibility NSW... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/teaching-80/statement-eligibility-nsw-616130/)

plantpot Jun 22nd 2009 5:07 am

Statement of eligibility NSW...

I just got this? So what does it mean exactly? They are not TAA's are they?

So I have to get accredited by TAA's who are DET, CAtholic system or Independent Schools...

HAve I got this right....I still need to be accredited and could STILL not be accredited (most probably by the DET?) but easier to get accredited by a TAA from Catholic or Independent? (plus I don't need to do that course that DET do?)

Have I got this right? Below is the e mail I just got...

Statement of Eligibility to be
Accredited as a Teacher in New South Wales

Name PLANTpot
Date of Birth .....
Current Address NSW

The qualifications used to determine your eligibility for accreditation in NSW as a Graduate Teacher in accordance with the Institute of Teachers Act are:
Award Institution City/Country Awarded
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) University of ...... Australia 1999
Postgraduate Certificate in Education University of ..... Australia 2003

Based on this assessment you are eligible for Provisional Accreditation.
Your qualifications will be recognised by the NSW Department of Education and Training for approval to teach in NSW public schools in the following teaching areas:
English (7-12)
Teacher employers are responsible for any decision to employ you as a teacher and for the subjects you will be employed to teach.

The Mackay Mob Oct 14th 2009 1:31 am

Re: Statement of eligibility NSW...

I too have just received a statement of eligibility from NSW. I am hoping to find the answers to these questions raised by Plantpot. Could anyone tell me what the next stage is in order to teach in NSW?

alreetpet Oct 20th 2009 1:30 am

Re: Statement of eligibility NSW...

from what i remember - once i had the accreditation email/certificate from the DET i was good to go. though i remember i needed to register with the NSW institute of teachers before i could get my DET one approved - which meant sending all the same documentation off all over again, but once the NIT had approved me, the DET one came through a couple of days later. it seems they communicate between themselves.

both my email from NIT and DET had a pdf attached which was my statement of eligibility/accreditation - and said all the things you have said - except different uni and subjects etc. all i have needed to do is show this to schools/agencies when i apply for positions. it seemed to be that simple.... i never really thought too much into the fact it says "provisional"....!

but then mine is only for casual teaching as i'm only on a WHV so perhaps its different?