Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

State to sponsor - Chances?

State to sponsor - Chances?

Old Feb 16th 2008, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future
Default State to sponsor - Chances?

Just a quick question...

I have a three year degree followed by a one year PGCE but I will only have 12 months work exp at the time of visa app - Secondary school ICT

I don't have the 120 points needed for the 175 so I've been looking at the 176

Whats the chances of a state sponsoring me?

Old Feb 17th 2008, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State to sponsor - Chances?

Originally Posted by bubblegum_babe
Just a quick question...

I have a three year degree followed by a one year PGCE but I will only have 12 months work exp at the time of visa app - Secondary school ICT

I don't have the 120 points needed for the 175 so I've been looking at the 176

Whats the chances of a state sponsoring me?

You'd need to see what states, your particular subject was available to sponsorship
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
You'd need to see what states, your particular subject was available to sponsorship
My subject is on the list for Victoria

Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubblegum_babe
My subject is on the list for Victoria

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au...1&contentId=-1

Click on link ICT teacher is on there but need other experience, not sure if it's you but link and website will let you know what you need toknow
Old Feb 20th 2008, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

I am a secondary teacher and my subject is also on the list of most wanted!! I was sponsored by victoria at the start of last year and got my permanent residency visa through in november....plan to move out in the summer holidays.

The sponsorship process was straight forward so I reckon you should go for it
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

nudefrogtrev is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: State to sponsor - Chances?

I have seen that both WA and VIC are currently sponsoring secondary science teachers. Does anyone have any feedback on the differences between the two?

We are totally flexible on where we get placed and are not put off by being remote or rural as long as we get the perm visa at the end. Are there any big differences in the schools or curriculum?
Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nudefrogtrev
I have seen that both WA and VIC are currently sponsoring secondary science teachers. Does anyone have any feedback on the differences between the two?

We are totally flexible on where we get placed and are not put off by being remote or rural as long as we get the perm visa at the end. Are there any big differences in the schools or curriculum?
When I looked into it VIC were sponsering general science teachers for a permanant visa and WA for a temp visa. In my opinion a permanant visa is better, though the temp one is quicker.

With WA you have to go where they send you, with VIC you can choose for yourself.

There are big differences is the climate, culture and the education system as it is state controled so you need to think about what suits you best.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

nudefrogtrev is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hereshoping
When I looked into it VIC were sponsering general science teachers for a permanant visa and WA for a temp visa. In my opinion a permanant visa is better, though the temp one is quicker.

With WA you have to go where they send you, with VIC you can choose for yourself.

There are big differences is the climate, culture and the education system as it is state controled so you need to think about what suits you best.
Timing is not an issue because my partner is still studying and wont complete it until xmas this year anyway so we wont be looking to move until after then. Do you know if they supply you with a job in Vic and also do you have any links to where i can get further details about permanent sponsored visa for VIc.

Thank you so much for your help!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nudefrogtrev
Timing is not an issue because my partner is still studying and wont complete it until xmas this year anyway so we wont be looking to move until after then. Do you know if they supply you with a job in Vic and also do you have any links to where i can get further details about permanent sponsored visa for VIc.

Thank you so much for your help!
No jobs organised by the state in VIC, you apply directly to the schools.

www.eduweb.vic.gov.au has all the state jobs.

We got all our information about state sponsership from www.immi.gov.au and sites linked through there (we didn't take up state sponserhsip in the end as we waited a few months and had enough points for an independent visa)
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

No jobs organised by the state in VIC, you apply directly to the schools.

www.eduweb.vic.gov.au has all the state jobs.

We got all our information about state sponsership from www.immi.gov.au and sites linked through there (we didn't take up state sponserhsip in the end as we waited a few months and had enough points for an independent visa)
Ed link don't work as got no username so won't allow anyone in?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Ed link don't work as got no username so won't allow anyone in?
http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrwe.../advacssch.htm

try this one, links you through to the recruitment site.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrwe.../advacssch.htm

try this one, links you through to the recruitment site.
Thank you