starting out

Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:53 pm
is it still a dream?

pricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nice
Default starting out

Hi i have a b.ed (hons) in Physical education and have been teaching in the same school for ten years

over the past four ears i have taken a head of year job and have now been promoted to assistant head teacher.

i have been teaching ICT and pshre

Questions
1. do i apply for visa first and then get my teaching credentials registered (either nsw or queensland) or is it the other way round

2. will i be able to teach ict (my degree is soloeyl phys ed) or apply for leadership positions in australia or will i have to go back into the basic teaching to begin with.

3. what are the job prospects for leadership positions in nsw and queensland
Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: starting out

Originally Posted by pricecelt
Hi i have a b.ed (hons) in Physical education and have been teaching in the same school for ten years

over the past four ears i have taken a head of year job and have now been promoted to assistant head teacher.

i have been teaching ICT and pshre

Questions
1. do i apply for visa first and then get my teaching credentials registered (either nsw or queensland) or is it the other way round

2. will i be able to teach ict (my degree is soloeyl phys ed) or apply for leadership positions in australia or will i have to go back into the basic teaching to begin with.

3. what are the job prospects for leadership positions in nsw and queensland
Firstly- is your B.Ed a 4 year degree? Oz doesn't accept 3 year trained teachers, whatever their experience.

secondly, first step is to have your skills assessed by Teaching Australia, then if you are applying for an independent visa you do this first, if you are going for state sponsership and are eligible you contact them first.

From what I've heard most overseas teachers start in Oz as classroom teachers, but you might be able to progress more quickly with your experience.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:40 pm
is it still a dream?

pricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nice
Default Re: starting out

Originally Posted by hereshoping
Firstly- is your B.Ed a 4 year degree? Oz doesn't accept 3 year trained teachers, whatever their experience.

secondly, first step is to have your skills assessed by Teaching Australia, then if you are applying for an independent visa you do this first, if you are going for state sponsership and are eligible you contact them first.

From what I've heard most overseas teachers start in Oz as classroom teachers, but you might be able to progress more quickly with your experience.

its a four year b.ed

so i then get my skills assessed ( is there a time limit on when this is done before we come over or is that it once they are assessed?

then we apply for the visa

tbh we may apply on my wifes job as a sonographer / radiographer as she could really pick and choose a job

im just really impatient about the whole thing

thankks