Start teaching next week!

Old Jan 16th 2008, 11:44 am
Just Joined

steved is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Start teaching next week!

After having moved here a couple of months ago from teaching secondary science in the UK, I start my new teaching job next week!

And I am sh*tting myself, to be honest. I have been into the school and there are no Schemes of Work, no shared worksheets or resources, no curriculum for science, nothing!

Just a textbook for each year I teach. That's it!

Anyone else been through this before? Please tell me it all works out in the end!

sd.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Start teaching next week!

Hi there wher are you teaching? I start my first place next week as well . I must agree that when compared to the organisation of schools in the UK al LOT is left up to you here. I am currently scanning the web lloking for info on the NSW system as I trained in Victoria.
I am sure that it will all be fine in the end .
Nicky
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Frank_66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow that does sound scary! Well good luck both of you... let us know how it goes
Old Jan 17th 2008, 1:41 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steved
After having moved here a couple of months ago from teaching secondary science in the UK, I start my new teaching job next week!

And I am sh*tting myself, to be honest. I have been into the school and there are no Schemes of Work, no shared worksheets or resources, no curriculum for science, nothing!

Just a textbook for each year I teach. That's it!

Anyone else been through this before? Please tell me it all works out in the end!

sd.
I'm a USC and teach high school science also. That's what it was like when I first started in the 90s in the inner city. We just had to make sure they could past the big state test before they could graduate. The web and university teachers library were my best friends. All worked out though.....I also learned a lot in the process.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 5:51 am
Just Joined

steved is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the encouragement, folks. Glad to see that i'm not missing something. Guess I'll just have to 'go with the flow'.

As to where I teach, NickyP, it's a pretty decent independent school in Melbourne. I won't be too specific on the forum, seeing I've said that there lack of planned resources sucks!

I'll let you know more as it happens...

sd.