Shortage of Teachers?

Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:29 pm
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future
Default Shortage of Teachers?

I hear conflicting advice on this one...is there really a shortage of teachers? I am an experienced Maths teacher and have been told there is a shortage.

I was hoping to make the move but have just realised I only have 115 points

(or am I doing it wrong!)

Anyway, since teachers are not on the MODL, I only get the following...

Age - 20 points
English Language - 25
Nominated Skilled Occupation - 60
Specific Work Experience - 10

Anyone know anything different?
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shortage of Teachers?

Originally Posted by Paddy_M
I hear conflicting advice on this one...is there really a shortage of teachers? I am an experienced Maths teacher and have been told there is a shortage.

I was hoping to make the move but have just realised I only have 115 points

(or am I doing it wrong!)

Anyway, since teachers are not on the MODL, I only get the following...

Age - 20 points
English Language - 25
Nominated Skilled Occupation - 60
Specific Work Experience - 10

Anyone know anything different?
well there is a shortage of some subject teachers in some areas- not universally though.

In general Maths teachers are more in demand than other subject but it does depend where you are planning on moving to as to whether they can truly be said to be suffereing a shortage.

as for the points- if you don't have a spouse with an occupation on the SOL then i'd suggest you look at whether maths teachers are on any of the states sponsership lists. I think maths is on the VIC list and if you are sponsered you only need 110 points at the moment.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:17 pm
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future
Default Re: Shortage of Teachers?

Thanks for that.

I was looking at Tasmania really. Maths is on their list.