SECONDARY TEACHER VISA

Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

naomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nice
Default SECONDARY TEACHER VISA

Hi

I am in my NQT year, I believe we (my boyfriend and I) can apply for a visa on completion of this year (Aug). But can I complete the skills assessment now in preparation for our visa application? Would be really interested to hear from any teachers who have/are making the same application as us.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:20 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SECONDARY TEACHER VISA

Yes you can apply for the skills assessment from TeachingAustralia now before you apply for your visa.

Which visa are applying for? Will you or your partner be the main applicant?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

naomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nice

I am the main applicant (my boyfriend is not a teacher). We were originally going to apply for the state sponsored visa and head to Adelaide, but we now understand that my boyfriend gets us an extra 5 points for his BA Hons taking us over the requisite 120. So with this in mind I think we can go for the skilled migrant visa.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:48 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

That's good. I'm sure you know this already but
hopefully you have a 4yr BEd or PGCE as other qualifications aren't recognised.

I guess you will have to sit the IELTS test to gain 25 points for english language?

Also, they will calculate your 12 months employment exactly, so if you started in Sept 07 make sure your reference goes to Sept 08.

Good luck!

Last edited by WS; Jan 30th 2008 at 8:51 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by WS
That's good. I'm sure you know this already but
hopefully you have a 4yr BEd or PGCE as other qualifications aren't recognised.

I guess you will have to sit the IELTS test to gain 25 points for english language?

Also, they will calculate your 12 months employment exactly, so if you started in Sept 07 make sure your reference goes to Sept 08.

Good luck!
I think you need 12 months experience before you do the skills assessment so you might have to wait a bit.

the teaching australia website will tell you for sure though.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hereshoping
I think you need 12 months experience before you do the skills assessment so you might have to wait a bit.

the teaching australia website will tell you for sure though.
Can anyone confirm if I can do my skills assessment prior to me completing my NQT year?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:57 pm
WS

As I said before - yes, you can.

See the teachingaustralia website for more details.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by naomijmoore
Can anyone confirm if I can do my skills assessment prior to me completing my NQT year?
Thank you, it's just that 'hereshoping' thought I had to wait. We have checked on teaching Australia and confirmed that yes we can do the skills assessment now. Thanks again...