Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Secondary Science Teacher-what are our options?

Secondary Science Teacher-what are our options?

Old Sep 23rd 2010, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Swansealady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Secondary Science Teacher-what are our options?

Hi all,

My husband is a secondary science teacher and we have recently been over to Oz for a recce. We loved what we saw, especially Queensland, and are currently trying to digest all the info regarding immigration, visas etc.

What we are wondering is how we would go about applying for private school jobs? We have heard that if we go down the state school route we could be put anywhere. We want to explore the private school option and applying for jobs that way. Does anyone know how we would go about this-will they even consider us with no visa yet, would a private school sponsor a science teacher to move over? So many questions!

Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 7:04 pm
Prepare yourself Brisbane

Dave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Secondary Science Teacher-what are our options?

Hi there

I am also a secondary school science teacher, aiming to move over to Brisbane next july and have the same query.

I have started my skills migrant visa application but it's looking likely my husband and I will be coming across on a working holiday visa whilst my main application is processing.

I'm also looking for information on what I am eligable to teach on this temporary visa so if I find anything useful I will post it here.

hayley