Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Secondary ICT NQT - Want to go to Aus

Secondary ICT NQT - Want to go to Aus

Old Jul 12th 2006, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

english_monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Secondary ICT NQT - Want to go to Aus

Hi,

I've just qualified as a Teacher of ICT (Secondary) and am about to start my NQT year here in the UK.

I am 25 with a young family. We would really like to teach and settle down in Australia at some point in the near future, but after having done a quick search on this forum all I can find is conflicting info. One teacher said you can apply for a visa and be put on the skills matching database with no work experience and another said 6 mths work experience, yet another said you could be state sponsered by Victoria RSMS visa after a year - but by then I could just apply for a standard Skilled Visa anyway.

I am fully committed to completing my NQT year here in the UK but would like to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later, suggestions very welcome!

Cheers

english_monkey
Old Jul 13th 2006, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future
Default Re: Secondary ICT NQT - Want to go to Aus

I’m still in the research phase but here’s what I know so far:

Skills matching visa – Enter a database – Need 6 months work exp

STNI – State sponsorship – Need 12 months work exp

Skilled visa – Need 120 points

RSMS – Employer sponsorship – Need no work exp

Have you looked at the website: www.immi.gov.au for more details on each

The first thing you need to do is get your qualifications changes over to the Oz standard via NOOSR

Can I ask what route you took? i.e. 3 year degree and PGCE or 4 year education degree the reason I’m asking is because the above are fine but some other routes will not be recognised by Oz

Old Jul 15th 2006, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

english_monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Secondary ICT NQT - Want to go to Aus

Hi,

I did 3 year degree then 1 year PGCE. Still deciding which route to take!