Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Registering to teach in Victoria before you arrive?

Registering to teach in Victoria before you arrive?

Old Aug 17th 2007, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

LiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really nice
Default Registering to teach in Victoria before you arrive?

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if it's possible gain registration with VIT before you live in Oz. Had a look at the application form and it is after an address. We arrive in Oz Jan 1st 2008 but would like to get the registration done so I can job hunt on arrival. Any advice or your experiences registering to teach in Victoria will be much appreciated

Cheers, Janet X
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice
Default Re: Registering to teach in Victoria before you arrive?

VIT (victoria institute of teaching) suggest that you register before arrival and the process took me approx 6 weeks, which you certainly would not want to do when you arrive as you are not able to apply for jobs without it.

In my experience it is better to apply for it here (especially if you are going for full registration) as your current head teacher has to fill part of the form in (although mine let me type what i wanted to say...he read it and then signed it)

I just put my UK address on the forms and there was no issue with that at all.

pm me if you need any more info
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

LiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really nice
Default Re: Registering to teach in Victoria before you arrive?

THANKS!!!!! I will print off the forms and take them to school. Will PM if I have any specific questions. Many Thanks