quick question

Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:04 am
Just Joined

chucky77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question quick question

I am writing this on behalf of my other half. He is currently in his final year of a masters degree, he has decided he would like to teach and has applied to go to Aberdeen uni once finished, thing is they call the course he would do the PGDE but on the search i did on this web site everyone was talking about the PGCE. is there any difference would it affect us if he wanted to go abroad (which is our aim) i know people have trouble if they have the GTP just wondered, if this would be the same or if it was the same course just different name because it is in Scotland.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

McNeil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: quick question

Teaching in Scotland is very different than in England. An 'English' teacher cannot just go and teach in Scotland, they have to do some other studies so I guess the PGDE is not the same a PGCE. Certainly to teach in Oz they prefer a 4 year specific teaching degree, or so it seems.

Originally Posted by chucky77
I am writing this on behalf of my other half. He is currently in his final year of a masters degree, he has decided he would like to teach and has applied to go to Aberdeen uni once finished, thing is they call the course he would do the PGDE but on the search i did on this web site everyone was talking about the PGCE. is there any difference would it affect us if he wanted to go abroad (which is our aim) i know people have trouble if they have the GTP just wondered, if this would be the same or if it was the same course just different name because it is in Scotland.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: quick question

Originally Posted by chucky77

Hi you'll be fine with PGDE as it's equivalent to PGCE and this makes the 4 years that Australia require. think other poster is slightly miss leading on this issue. But only thing you both have to worry bout is passing Degree and all modules of PGDE then getting a job and working full time for a year then you'd be free to apply, providing you meet all the other criteria