Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Primary school teaching qualifications

Primary school teaching qualifications

Old Jun 30th 2016, 12:22 am
Just Joined

Ronash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Primary school teaching qualifications

Hi to everyone.
We are looking for some advice if anyone can help with our Australian emigration headache.
My wife has been a primary school teacher for 15 years but only went to university for 3 years to qualify.
The relevant Australian authorities will only accept a 4 year university qualification.
Is it possible for my wife to travel with me, on a visa I may be accepted for, and then do a one year university course in Australia that would allow her to teach in schools over there.
Thank you in advance for any help given.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 2:23 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Primary school teaching qualifications

Originally Posted by Ronash
Hi to everyone.
We are looking for some advice if anyone can help with our Australian emigration headache.
My wife has been a primary school teacher for 15 years but only went to university for 3 years to qualify.
The relevant Australian authorities will only accept a 4 year university qualification.
Is it possible for my wife to travel with me, on a visa I may be accepted for, and then do a one year university course in Australia that would allow her to teach in schools over there.
Thank you in advance for any help given.
Can't help with the teaching side, other than primary school teachers usually have difficulty finding work (or even most teachers) but only one of you needs to qualify for a visa and the other can be included in the same application. You should be able to find more info on DIBP site or have a wander around the Australian section - Australia - British Expats
Old Jun 30th 2016, 4:21 am
Just Joined

Ronash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Primary school teaching qualifications

Hi.
Thanks for the reply.
We have had to jump through many hoops already and now understand that my job has the most probability of being accepted for a visa. My concern though, is that my wife needs to work over there, she loves teaching, and it would be unfair to expect her to do anything else.
We have asked AITSL if my wife would be able to do the extra qualification she needs over there if she travels with me on my proposed visa, but have received no reply. If anyone can help with this please advise as without this information we cannot proceed any further.
Regards to all and thanks for reading this.