Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Post-Grad NQT looking to take on America!

Post-Grad NQT looking to take on America!

Old Aug 5th 2010, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

dankosheemo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Post-Grad NQT looking to take on America!

WoOw! This forum's amazing! Hope those of you who have contemplated a move and asked lots of questions on here have done it and enjoying what you've strived to do! Those of you starting out, best of luck with your new ventures!

I have been reading so many threads for the last hour or so, I am getting myself lost so thought I should post a 'hello' first before all the questions!

Just graduated with a PGCE in Creative & Media (Post Graduate level) which allows me to teach Art & Design at Secondary and Post 16 levels. I understand they ain't shortage subjects but I have a love affair with the USA (like many of you!) and would love an opportunity to get out there and teach.

To be honest, I don't know much about teaching out in the US apart from what I have been reading here, it's hard but hey I'm determined! I survived my PGCE so gotta give it a go!! Wouldn't mind doing support/ supply work to get me going and gain experience. Lots of questions buzzing about... Would I need to re-train? Additional training?

Any websites, other threads, people to talk to etc would be most welcomed! I'm heading out to Chicago in a fortnight so hoping to make some contacts there

WoOo it's all very exciting but to be honest I think that's the holiday-a-calling!

Huge thanks in advance..
Old Aug 5th 2010, 9:09 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post-Grad NQT looking to take on America!

Good luck and hello...

If you havent already, take a look over here so you can get an idea of the immigration and Visa aspect...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Whereabouts in Manc land are you from?
Old Aug 5th 2010, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

dankosheemo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Post-Grad NQT looking to take on America!

Originally Posted by SDDep
Good luck and hello...

If you havent already, take a look over here so you can get an idea of the immigration and Visa aspect...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Whereabouts in Manc land are you from?
Noted in the suscribed threads - thank you kindly

Well I say Manchester but I'm really only down the road in Warrington, lies on my first post!

How's life in sunny San Diego?