PGCE with QTS - Spain

Old May 15th 2023, 11:39 am
Just Joined

100Lorrainejoanne is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile PGCE with QTS - Spain

Hi there

As a family we plan to move to Spain next summer and I am hoping to work in a local international school as a newly qualified primary school teacher. I have 10 years of experience working in schools (in the office and classrooms) and I complete my PGCE with QTS next summer 2024.

In the UK a NQT then goes on to complete 2 years as an Early Careers Teacher, a bit like an induction with a mentor to help them gain experience and stay within the profession (as these first two years are the time in which many NQT's leave the profession). In Spain, do you still need to complete the ECT or are you employable with a PGCE and QTS? I understand many jobs will require teaching experience but I am hoping if I am unable to get employed as an NQT I could take a job in the school office/classroom assistant with a goal to proving myself and being considered for any future teacher roles.

Any help/advise much appreciated!

Lorraine
Old Jun 17th 2023, 9:53 am
Just Joined

DanielLeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PGCE with QTS - Spain

[QUOTE=100Lorrainejoanne;13192846]Hi there

I am exactly in the same situation as you. I am Spanish living in London and finishing QTS/PGCE in 2024.
I have just checked a blog up to date and it says that we need to complete the induction process (as ECT) to be validated as a teachers in Spain.

My suggestion is: contact the QTS induction department and convalidate your induction after all your past experience (you might need proof of it) so you can end 2024 with induction completion. Then you could apply to the Spanish education minister with all the documentation required.

I am not really sure if that might work but is the only way I see. I you found other answers please would you mind to share it with me?

Many thanks,

Daniel
Old Feb 15th 2024, 9:54 am
Just Joined

chanaguillot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Daniel,

I am also spanish and going to start my PGCE+QTS in Manchester this September, but I would like to go back to Spain after that. If I do not do the ECT years here, will I not be recognised to have the equivalent of the Masters in Spain?

Thank you in advance.

Andrea
Old Feb 15th 2024, 10:39 am
Just Joined

DanielLeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, that is correct. If you do not complete the ECT years induction, then it shouldn't be valid to homologate in Spain as far as I understand from the Spanish premises. I recommend you to complete 1 year QTS + 2 years of ECT in UK.
I am completing my Master de Profesores Secundaria at the University on Distance from Spain. At the same time I am working as an Non Qualified Teacher in London.