Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Oz CVs-can anyone point me in the right direction?

Oz CVs-can anyone point me in the right direction?

Old Dec 19th 2009, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

beachlou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oz CVs-can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hello,

I've finally arrived in OZ and I'm in need of little help with my CV. Does anyone have any links for me so I can reserach what an Oz CV should look like? I have only been teaching for 2 years, so my CV is only 1 and a half pages long, though I've heard that Oz CVs should be around 3 pages?!? Can anyone help?

Thank you
Old Dec 20th 2009, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Oz CVs-can anyone point me in the right direction?

Originally Posted by beachlou View Post
Hello,

I've finally arrived in OZ and I'm in need of little help with my CV. Does anyone have any links for me so I can reserach what an Oz CV should look like? I have only been teaching for 2 years, so my CV is only 1 and a half pages long, though I've heard that Oz CVs should be around 3 pages?!? Can anyone help?

Thank you
You won't normally use a CV at all for teaching jobs, most will have an application form for you to complete, plus a written response to a range of selection criteria.

THe main difference between UK and Oz cvs is the amount of detail, just put in more detail saying what your jobs have involved and what you have achieved.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Em76 will become famous soon enoughEm76 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Oz CVs-can anyone point me in the right direction?

I teach in Adelaide at the moment. I found I was expected to send a CV, but mine was 2 pages long - about normal from talking to teachers here. My application letter was 4 pages long in a font of 10 with the margins extended too ( a lot of job ads here tell you to limit the application to 6 pages, hence the 4 + 2). Again this 4 pages was normal - something i was not aware of this when I first started applying for jobs, but an Aus teacher pointed me in the right direction with this and helped me write a skeleton letter.
Let me know if I can help
Em