Medicals for family?

Old Apr 5th 2009, 11:49 am
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough
Default Medicals for family?

Hi again, right have discovered after a few hours trawling the immigration site, I've answered many of my own questions...
However in need of your help again, mainly because i'd like you all to tell me that i'm reading it wrong, also because sincerely hope after years of trying to get this dream to come true... can't believe that my family will affect it without even trying.... AAAAHHHHH>>>
RIGHT: so when applying for a 176 visa, do your immediate family really need to have the medicals too? I'm very confused by the;

Permanent visa applicants
All members of your immediate family, including dependant family members who do not intend to migrate, must meet the health requirement. This includes all children under the age of 18 years as well as other dependants, regardless of whether they live with you and whether they intend to migrate.
More information to assist you in this process is available.

So, if i'm single, under 30 and childless and have not lived with my parents since i turned 18- are they still considered immediate family?? and if they are not 100% healthy, will this affect my visa??
I understand (i think) that it is because with this visa you become eligible for permanent residency and therefore can sponsor family to come oevr etc but what do people do if their parents are not great in the health department??
Cheers again.

Oh and another quickie, where will i find out about bridging visa's whilst applying for visa in Australia on WHV is it possible?? has anyone done it??
might post this question separately!!! tee hee
Old Apr 5th 2009, 1:37 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals for family?

If you are the only applicant on your visa application, your family (inc. parents) do NOT have a medical - just you.