Masters after a GTP

Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

bench9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Masters after a GTP

hi all, first post ever but been reading the forums avidly for a while now. Unfortunately my searching abilities aren't brilliant so wondered if someone might be able to enlighten me here... My question is this,

I am GTP trained in secondary mathematics and have the option to study for my masters in education. Will this count towards "getting me in" as all doors appear closed otherwise?

Thanking you in advance
Old Apr 11th 2010, 9:04 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masters after a GTP

Originally Posted by bench9
hi all, first post ever but been reading the forums avidly for a while now. Unfortunately my searching abilities aren't brilliant so wondered if someone might be able to enlighten me here... My question is this,

I am GTP trained in secondary mathematics and have the option to study for my masters in education. Will this count towards "getting me in" as all doors appear closed otherwise?

Thanking you in advance
If you give us a little more information you might get more responses, which country do you want to 'let you in'?
Old Apr 12th 2010, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Good point, thanks jen. From the Uk trying to get to Australia. Done a GTP and working as a maths teacher in London at the moment but have family in Oz and desperately want to move.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:27 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Good point, thanks jen. From the Uk trying to get to Australia. Done a GTP and working as a maths teacher in London at the moment but have family in Oz and desperately want to move.
O ok, presumed it'd be Oz, not an expert on the GTP, isn't that the three year course that isn't recognised here in Oz?

I just did a wee search for you and came up with the following, hopefully some of it is useful!?

Good luck,

Jen

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=1963294
Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
O ok, presumed it'd be Oz, not an expert on the GTP, isn't that the three year course that isn't recognised here in Oz?

I just did a wee search for you and came up with the following, hopefully some of it is useful!?

Good luck,

Jen

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=1963294
Sorry Jen, that link didn't work for me. The GTP is a school based training route into teaching. 1 year long like the PGCE but not a full time university course as you are employed by the school you are training at.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 8:39 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Sorry Jen, that link didn't work for me. The GTP is a school based training route into teaching. 1 year long like the PGCE but not a full time university course as you are employed by the school you are training at.
OOPS, usually works when I post a search link, ok do this then....

Click on Search above, then advanced, then titles of threads and the key word being GTP in the Teaching thread....should work, if not I'll try again now for ya....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=1965594
Old Apr 12th 2010, 8:40 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
OOPS, usually works when I post a search link, ok do this then....

Click on Search above, then advanced, then titles of threads and the key word being GTP in the Teaching thread....should work, if not I'll try again now for ya....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=1965594
When I clicked on this link it worked, let me know how you get on...or try the search facility yourself...it's quite simple to use.
Old May 2nd 2010, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

GTP is a school based certification to teach.

It won't allow you (normally) to teach in Australia because the teaching component doesn't include a recognised period of teacher training.

Sorry but hope this helps.

Bezza