Help - faith ref needed x

Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

jo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the rough
Default Help - faith ref needed x

Hiya!

I've just found out I need a faith reference to apply for a teachers job I really want. I've been told it is essential and they won't look at my application without one.

My problem is I don't have one. I haven't been to church since I got married 6 years ago so think it will be pointless contacting my old church. I've only been in oz for 4 weeks and to be honest going to church has been the last thing on my mind.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get one - not asking if there are any corrupt members of the church out there but just if anyone can help in anyway???

Jo x x
Old Sep 19th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all
Default Re: Help - faith ref needed x

Originally Posted by jo n craig
Hiya!

I've just found out I need a faith reference to apply for a teachers job I really want. I've been told it is essential and they won't look at my application without one.

My problem is I don't have one. I haven't been to church since I got married 6 years ago so think it will be pointless contacting my old church. I've only been in oz for 4 weeks and to be honest going to church has been the last thing on my mind.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get one - not asking if there are any corrupt members of the church out there but just if anyone can help in anyway???

Jo x x
Isnt a church just a meeting place - faith is about something you believe in - so why do you have to go to church to prove your christian values - which you will have because you are a good person - else you wouldnt teach. Couldnt you ask your old church on those sort of grounds - that the fact you are a morally good person and you have at least attended some of the time - but its YOU and YOUR FAITH thats important NOT mortar and bricks I would have thought - you could prompt your old church of all the good things that you have done in your past (i'm sure you have done good things ie sponsored walk or something, charities at work)!!! Anyhows good luck and let us know how you get on
Old Sep 21st 2009, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Have you worked in a Catholic school/Christian school before? If yes, a reference from headteacher would prob do.

Gems
Old Sep 21st 2009, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Do all Christian schools require faith reference? I am applying and although they have asked for 3 references I cannot see anywhere that it must be one from the church. Which area are you applying? Nicky

Originally Posted by jo n craig
Hiya!

Jo x x
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:18 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
Have you worked in a Catholic school/Christian school before? If yes, a reference from headteacher would prob do.

Gems
That's what a friend of mine did for a job in Perth.

Cooler