Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

GTP but with education in degree

GTP but with education in degree

Old Oct 31st 2012, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Springy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GTP but with education in degree

I wonder if anyone can help! I've emailed the main places in Austral that I can think of but no one as got back to me.

I graduated in 1988 from a Scottish university with a BA. This is made up of 8 semesters of film and media studies, 4 semesters education (mainly pedagogy), 3 semesters in French and 1 in Spanish. ( 2 semesters = 1 academic year). I didn't gain QTS at this point but opted to leave and complete a postgraduate diploma in hr.

In 2003 I returned to education and with the Cambridge partnership and university of Cambridge undertook the GTP (60 days of faculty teaching and 140 days of school placement). I have now been teaching primary for the last 8 years.

It looks like we are moving due to husband's job and obviously I would like to teach out there.

Does anyone know if my degree content can be considered and if not, what further qualification I should be looking to obtain? Would a PG Cert, PG Diploma or MA mean registration - obviously would rather do quickest route to be recognised.

Many thanks
Old Nov 17th 2012, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GTP but with education in degree

To be registered as a teacher in Australia you must have a minimum of 4 years university education, one year of which was in teaching. Also Australia does not recognise GTP at present. I suggest that when you know where you are going to be in Australia, that you contact the relevant Teacher Registration Board and ask for your qualifications to be assessed.