irish art teacher

Old Jul 23rd 2012, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

hopelong7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default irish art teacher

Hi guys, my sister has just qualified form college in dublin ireland as a secondary school art teacher( national college of art and design) and due to job shortages in ireland she has gone to look for work in canada. What is the best route to take for her to get a art teaching job in canada. (age group 12 to 18 years old pupils).
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: irish art teacher

or maybe australia.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Or anywhere?
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

Art teaching in Australia is over-subscribed.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 12:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Very little chance in Canada either - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Teaching_in_Canada

Good luck to your sister, hope she finds something somewhere.

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

kacon is an unknown quantity at this point

Teaching positions are difficult to secure here as is in Ireland at the moment. I believe that in Toronto, applications for temporary and permanent positions are only being accepted from teachers who are already on the school board's supply list i.e. who are currently employed by the school board on a casual basis (subbing). The wiki in this forum describes how hard it is to get a teaching job in Canada and I have to agree it appears daunting. From Feb 2011 to May 2011,I applied for 150 teaching jobs including primary, secondary and resource/learning support and was invited to 6 interviews only. I participated in one skype interview and one telephone interview.

I was lucky enough to be offered a permanent teaching job in student support (learning support) from the skype interview without ever having visited Canada before. I am beginning my second year teaching here and have to say I love every minute of it. I taught in Ireland for 15 years before arriving. There are definite differences in the way educational provision is organised and managed. I moved here with my husband and children as a direct result of the economic activity at home.

If I can be of any further help to anyone, let me know.

Go raibh mile maith agaibh go leir!