Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Frustrated, confused.. Can any1 help with Working Holiday Visas?

Frustrated, confused.. Can any1 help with Working Holiday Visas?

Old Aug 24th 2010, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

SRDL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frustrated, confused.. Can any1 help with Working Holiday Visas?

Yep, am defo on for that Bev. Keep in touch x
Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:37 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SRDL
Sorry Jen....No offence meant dear
lol
Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:42 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bev_n
Boo, 4 days older!! :-( now i'm depressed!! lol

I'd be really scared if i'd never been before, wondering if I'd like it! I'm sure you'll love it though, I know I do!!

My auntie and uncle live on the gold coast, that's where we want to live, in Helensvale, it's about 20-30 mins from brisbane. I went with my mum, dad and brother the first time, we stopped for 2 days in Hong Kong, didnt like it there, it was really smelly and people seemed to be staring at me, was scary! Then we stayed with my auntie for 2 weeks and took a trip to Sydney.

The second time was with my o/h. We stopped off in Singapore for 2 nights, which was amazing, I'd advise any1 to stop off there!! Then we went to Adelaide (where my o/h's relatives live) we stayed with them for 5 nights, was a bit of a snooze fest tho cos they're really old and kinda told us when to go to bed lol. After that we went to Sydney for 2 nights, then Ayeres Rock for 2 nights (was amazing there), then Cairns for 2 nights (rained the whole time but still loved it, even though we saw a shark in the reef, I was terrified). Then we went to brisbane and stayed with my auntie on the gold coast for 2 weeks and went on loads of day trips.

Absolutely loved it there! and can't wait to go back!

We should keep in touch and give eachother advice, You'll probs be just leaving Brissy by the time we get there though won't ya?

Jen, You're near Brissy too aren't ya? Would be fun to meet up!

B x
Yeah we're just under 2 hours inland from Brissie, at the moment, as we're here with the army we could be posted anytime on from 2012, hopefully lol As Toowoomba is ok, but not the most exciting place we could possibly live I'd say lol
Old Aug 26th 2010, 9:08 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Oi! I'm 33, less of it!!! lol
I know, dear God I'll be 30 next year and I'm STILL no closer to where I want to live!!! I left Scotland when I was 24 and if you'd told me then that I'd be 30 and STILL not made it back there, I'da biffed ya! But it doesn't feel as bad now as it did at 24...old age numbing the pain
You can try outside Brissy too - Ipswich (cheaper houses/rent, lots of schools). I was in a rural town between Bris and Toowoomba and once 2nd term came round I had constant work and they are still ringing me for contracts even tho I've moved to NZ...where I'm working in a cafe because I don't have my rego here...it'll all make sense when we're 90 I suppose...I'll be there before you guys by the sounds of it...but a little after Jen