Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

finished Maths PGCE want to move to aus, brother wiling to sponser me

finished Maths PGCE want to move to aus, brother wiling to sponser me

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

litmanen007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default finished Maths PGCE want to move to aus, brother wiling to sponser me

Hi all,

I have finished my PGCE in mathematics for secondary school. I want to migrate to Australia, specifically NSW. I have already been there 3 times, and spent 8 months living and working there via a working holiday visa.

I have not started my NQT year, although i have my QTS (qualified teacher status). My brother has been living in australia for around 13 years now, and he is willing to sponsor me.

Just want to know, do i need work experience to get the required points or skills assessment done??

How long will it take? the skills assessment?? the migration??

Plus any other info will be great.

thanks for ur help

Han
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:10 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: finished Maths PGCE want to move to aus, brother wiling to sponser me

Hi,

No you don't need work experience to get a skills assessment from TeachingAustralia.

If you have a 3+ year degree and PGCE and QTS you will be fine.

However, if you apply for a skilled migration visa like a 136 (or 138 if your brother will sponsor you) you will need 12 months out of the last 18 months employed in a skilled occupation.