Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

DET Sponsorship - 457 - PR update

DET Sponsorship - 457 - PR update

Old Nov 18th 2009, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default DET Sponsorship - 457 - PR update

Hello teachers,

As most of you know we we have spent 2 half year living rural on a 457visa. We have enjoyed rural WA and dont want to live in Perth city now.

Today our ENS was granted so we can stay in Australia forever. Very very pleased.
Visa only took 2weeks and 1 day to grant.

I have also been told that hubby should get Permanent teacher status too.

So DET did keep their end of the bargain. The scheme doesnt suit everyone and realise others have had a few hiccups.

However our family have had a very positive experience and for us it was a way into Australia.

Good Luck to others and hope it works out well for you too.

Gems
Old Nov 18th 2009, 11:37 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all
Default Re: DET Sponsorship - 457 - PR update

I'm so happy for you Gems!!!

2 weeks, god that is fast, hope when it's our turn it's that quick!!

Like you, the scheme has/ is working for us, but i do count down the days till we get PR!

Kareena xx
Old Nov 19th 2009, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Kareena,

I know what you mean about counting the days down. We love Australia so wanted the PR desperately.

Gems
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:27 pm
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough

Ah Gems so happy that it has worked out for you!! You do know that there will be questions from all angles now!! ha ha.
good luck in future!! and if you love rural so much why dont you come join me in 'ol Kalgoorlie!!! It's certainly rural teaching!!!

Take care
Laura
Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

upthevilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to here it is working out for you Gems and that you are to be given PR. I have really appreciated your help and advice on the forums on many ocassions!!
Will be joining you in rural WA in January - looking forward to it very much, but nervous also.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

leeh36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Gems, So glad it all worked out for you and thanks for all the fantastic advice you gave me on my journey.

Laura, where do you work in Kal, we got to Kal inOctober and we are loving it here

Lee
Old Nov 29th 2009, 10:22 am
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough

im just relief at moment been in Hannans loads, Im at KPS now til xmas and have job at st marys for next year!! Where you at?? Ive also done north kal
Laura
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks everyone.

Miss Apps we are happy with Geraldton as hubby got a very good school in town. Also got perm staff so can stay in his position.
So sorry although very tempting, I dont think we will be joining you in Kalgoorlie

Gems
Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Gems!

You have been a great source of unbiased info on BE, and I am glad it worked out for you and your family. There have been some issues with DET and a few problems for some, so it is encouraging to know that working for them isnt all doom and gloom!

Briar
Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missapps
im just relief at moment been in Hannans loads, Im at KPS now til xmas and have job at st marys for next year!! Where you at?? Ive also done north kal
Laura
Hi Miss Apps - what visa did you decide to go with in the end? Hope it works out well for you after all your issues with visas.
Briar
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:27 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
Hello teachers,

As most of you know we we have spent 2 half year living rural on a 457visa. We have enjoyed rural WA and dont want to live in Perth city now.

Today our ENS was granted so we can stay in Australia forever. Very very pleased.
Visa only took 2weeks and 1 day to grant.

I have also been told that hubby should get Permanent teacher status too.

So DET did keep their end of the bargain. The scheme doesnt suit everyone and realise others have had a few hiccups.

However our family have had a very positive experience and for us it was a way into Australia.

Good Luck to others and hope it works out well for you too.

Gems
That's great Gems, you've helped many people on here. Couldn't go down your route but ended up in SA - taught a kid from Geraldton yesterday, she really misses it.

All the best,
Cooler