Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Degree and getitng skills assessed is a nightmare - any ideas please?

Degree and getitng skills assessed is a nightmare - any ideas please?

Old Mar 26th 2014, 10:44 am
Just Joined

globetrekkers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Degree and getitng skills assessed is a nightmare - any ideas please?

Hi,
I am a teacher of hearing impaired children and we really want to go back to Australia (WHV years ago before training to be a teacher and having children back in UK).
I have the information required from AITSL and although I have everything they want, proving it seems to be an issue.

I'm interested to hear off people teaching in Australia and what stuff they sent to AITSL to get skills assessed. They want evidence of supervised teaching practice as an official document form the university.

Another worry is my degree and academic transcript don't have the same letter headed paper they want. Degree is from University of Bradford but my academic transcript is by Bradford College as that's where I studied. AITSL say they don't want transcripts fro affiliated colleges so I'm in touch with Bradford University to see if they can help.

I'm also did a 3 year degree but as I have completed 2 years pt of MAsters in Special Education Needs/Hearing Impairment I am hope this equates to the 4 years higher Ed study they want. Could I be very wrong?

Hubby is a mechanic so we could get there on his visa but I adore teaching deaf children and I don't want to have done all these years of study not to be able to teach in Oz :-(

any advice - I don't want to give up as it's been a dream to go back once we had children
Thanks in advance
Old Mar 26th 2014, 10:45 am
Just Joined

globetrekkers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Degree and getitng skills assessed is a nightmare - any ideas please?

Ignore all my typos in my first message lol!