Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Decided to move abroad-now what?

Decided to move abroad-now what?

Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

beachlou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Decided to move abroad-now what?

Hello all,

I have just found this site and was wondering if anyone can help.

Myself and partner have decided that after we get married we want to move abroad. We are thinking about America, Australia or NZ. It won't be for another year or so, so what can we do now to research which will be the best place for us? Any tips/websites/books ect that could help us decide?

I'll have been teaching for 2 years and my partner is a civil engineer

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 26th 2007, 12:05 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decided to move abroad-now what?

Those three countries are very different. I suggest YOU research the countries and decide which one you want to move to.

When you've decided that, it will be much easier for people on here to help answer specific questions you may have. Good luck.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decided to move abroad-now what?

Originally Posted by beachlou
Hello all,

I have just found this site and was wondering if anyone can help.

Myself and partner have decided that after we get married we want to move abroad. We are thinking about America, Australia or NZ. It won't be for another year or so, so what can we do now to research which will be the best place for us? Any tips/websites/books ect that could help us decide?

I'll have been teaching for 2 years and my partner is a civil engineer

Thanks in advance
Pick a contry for a reason. Wanting to escape UK is not a reason to go to another country! There has to be a pull toward a certain country rather than anything must be better than this.
You should both be able to get visa's with your skills in any of the countries.