Career Adviser

Old Aug 14th 2005, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all
Default Career Adviser

Hi
I'm a secondary school teacher and have recently become involved in Careers Education and Guidance. i thoroughly enjoy this side of my job and would love to pursue this type of work in Ontario, whether it be in schools or colleges. I have looked on numerous sites for job vacancies in this area without success. I am putting 'careers adviser', into search engines and its coming up with nothing! Has anyone any advice on where i could search on this one?
many thanks in advance
Old Aug 19th 2005, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really nice
Default Re: Career Adviser

Originally Posted by Patsy
Hi
I'm a secondary school teacher and have recently become involved in Careers Education and Guidance. i thoroughly enjoy this side of my job and would love to pursue this type of work in Ontario, whether it be in schools or colleges. I have looked on numerous sites for job vacancies in this area without success. I am putting 'careers adviser', into search engines and its coming up with nothing! Has anyone any advice on where i could search on this one?
many thanks in advance
Try looking up school counsellor as I think that is what they call them over here. Also, you might want to investigate 'additional qualifications' on the OCT website. There are addtional qualifications that you can take over here specifically for the purpose of becoming a school counsellor. I am currently enrolled with the University of Western Ontario in London as a distance student. You can check it out by looking up the education section of www.uwo.ca

Canada being Canada, you might be as well to look into getting some extra Canadian qualifications as they will probably be looking for these on your resume. If you have already taken similar quals in the UK, you could send them to the OCT and see if they will give you the Canadian equivalent.

Chris
Old Aug 20th 2005, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Career Adviser

Originally Posted by Tom Masters
Try looking up school counsellor as I think that is what they call them over here. Also, you might want to investigate 'additional qualifications' on the OCT website. There are addtional qualifications that you can take over here specifically for the purpose of becoming a school counsellor. I am currently enrolled with the University of Western Ontario in London as a distance student. You can check it out by looking up the education section of www.uwo.ca

Canada being Canada, you might be as well to look into getting some extra Canadian qualifications as they will probably be looking for these on your resume. If you have already taken similar quals in the UK, you could send them to the OCT and see if they will give you the Canadian equivalent.

Chris

Thanks Chris
Got me thinking. I wonder what are the chances of studying for a Canadian qualification whilst still living here in UK? Dont see why not, as there are plenty of courses you can now do at home and online.....thanks for your help.