Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

CALLING ALL PRIMARY TEACHERS

CALLING ALL PRIMARY TEACHERS

Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

lisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant future
Default CALLING ALL PRIMARY TEACHERS

Basically I am starting a one year PGCE primary course in the UK. I already have qualifications and 12 years as a TESOL teacher. I am then looking to move my family, 2 kids and hubby, out to Oz. Any teachers out there who can advise me?

Thanks
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of
Default Re: CALLING ALL PRIMARY TEACHERS

Originally Posted by lisajhb
Basically I am starting a one year PGCE primary course in the UK. I already have qualifications and 12 years as a TESOL teacher. I am then looking to move my family, 2 kids and hubby, out to Oz. Any teachers out there who can advise me?

Thanks
Just wanted to say 'hi' lisa because I'm also a primary teacher hoping to move out to Sydney in 2010. So I'll be very interested in any advice given!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

tynajon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I completed my primary PGCE in summer 2006 & am in middle of visa application process. Im happy to share my experiences in more detail. If interested then send me a personal mail & I'll reply.
kind regards
tyna
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisajhb

Thanks
Hope you've got a 3 year degree under your belt? And most likely will need one year post qualifying experience after PGCE......
Old Apr 8th 2008, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

domodomo will become famous soon enoughdomodomo will become famous soon enough

Hi,

My wife is also doing her Bachelor in Education from India, which I believe is equalent to PGCE of Uk. My question is what is the minimum work experience after course to get a positive TA assessment?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

tynajon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by domodomo
Hi,

My wife is also doing her Bachelor in Education from India, which I believe is equalent to PGCE of Uk. My question is what is the minimum work experience after course to get a positive TA assessment?
As far as I am aware (so not 100%) but I think you have to have completed NQT Induction year in UK before you apply for TA assessment, thats if your qualification is from the UK. I have no idea if the qualification was gained abroad. I would recommend you seek advise from a professional migrant agent, they tend to know their stuff & can advise accordingly.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:29 pm
sorry..I don't understand

funkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tynajon
As far as I am aware (so not 100%) but I think you have to have completed NQT Induction year in UK before you apply for TA assessment, thats if your qualification is from the UK. I have no idea if the qualification was gained abroad. I would recommend you seek advise from a professional migrant agent, they tend to know their stuff & can advise accordingly.
Just bandwagon jumping as I'm a teacher awaiting my Teaching Australia assessment results and hoping to move 2009

I did a 4 year BEd primary and completed my probation year (scottish system)

Teaching Australia are taking forever though, don't they know I'll be 30 soon!!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

nigheanag is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am a primary teacher waiting to hear about visa too. I'm wondering if I'll get 10 points for specific work experience as I've got a total of approx 3 years 5 months in the 4 years prior to applying (I'm part-time). Feeling a little anxious that immigration dept might regard 13 weeks hols too long compared to other professions and have some sort of quota on how much holiday can be taken which could reduce length of service. I know you can't count maternity leave and things like that as work experience. Any teachers aware of any problems with this?

My Skills assessment took 4 week over the Christmas period which I thought was quite quick.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

BroomeChick will become famous soon enough

I completed my PGCE in July 2006 too. I am still waiting for news from Teaching Australia. Can't believe you got yours in 4 weeks! That's very quick. Now I'm getting really impatient!! At this rate I will be 30 when I get a reply from them too!!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hello we are already here in WA.

Just to say most shortage for Primary is in WA and Victoria areas. Thought Id mention it in case any of you are unsure of what areas. These are the states you will find best for getting a primary job.

Victoria is sponsoring Primary teachers.

Sydney areas your least likely to find a permanent position and may struggle even with supply.

Gems
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

lisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gems

Just to say most shortage for Primary is in WA and Victoria areas. Thought Id mention it in case any of you are unsure of what areas. These are the states you will find best for getting a primary job.

Sydney areas your least likely to find a permanent position and may struggle even with supply.

Gems
Thanks so much for that. I really hope that come 2009-10 when will finally be qualified and experienced that victoria are still sponsoring teachers. It just goes to show how invaluable advice from real people in the know can be, as I had gathered that in sydney, in some suburbs in particular, it was easy to land yourself with work, especially temp positions. thanks again.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:35 am

funkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BroomeChick
I completed my PGCE in July 2006 too. I am still waiting for news from Teaching Australia. Can't believe you got yours in 4 weeks! That's very quick. Now I'm getting really impatient!! At this rate I will be 30 when I get a reply from them too!!
Broomechick when did you send yours? I'm getting a bit worried and thinking I should contact them. I've been waiting 10 weeks now.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gems

Gems
Thanks for this info. A bit depressing for me though - we do plan to go to Sydney as that is where my OH is from. I thought it may be a struggle to get a permanent position without going too far out but I hoped that I would be able to pick up supply work whilst finding my feet. We don't plan to go until 2010 so hopefully things may have picked up by then.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

BroomeChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by funkydelia
Broomechick when did you send yours? I'm getting a bit worried and thinking I should contact them. I've been waiting 10 weeks now.
Hi,

I have just checked and the confirmation letter from Teaching Australia is dated 28.02.08 so going by this date it has been 7 weeks. The letter stated 6-8weeks so I guess I'm just being very impatient!! However if yours has taken 10 weeks I am expecting mine to take as long. Things must be very slow at the moment?? Is there anyway you can contact them? As soon as 8 weeks is up I will contact my agent and ask.
Hope you hear soon x
Old Apr 16th 2008, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by BroomeChick
Hi,

I have just checked and the confirmation letter from Teaching Australia is dated 28.02.08 so going by this date it has been 7 weeks. The letter stated 6-8weeks so I guess I'm just being very impatient!! However if yours has taken 10 weeks I am expecting mine to take as long. Things must be very slow at the moment?? Is there anyway you can contact them? As soon as 8 weeks is up I will contact my agent and ask.
Hope you hear soon x
Hmm, I haven't had a confirmation letter but they have taken the money!Have emailed them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.