Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

BABY BOOMERS coming of school age - let's hope that's good news for us in Primary!

BABY BOOMERS coming of school age - let's hope that's good news for us in Primary!

Old Nov 16th 2010, 12:32 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up BABY BOOMERS coming of school age - let's hope that's good news for us in Primary!

I had noted, over the last few months, that a lot of the very big schools that I have worked at were talking about their Prep intake for the 2011 year requiring them to have an additional class or two, I wondered why this was so. I then asked a Prep teacher yesterday and she explained, the baby bonus that was offered a few years back, which obviously resulted in an increased birth rate, well, those children are finally coming of school age in the 2011 academic year! Here's hoping that's good news for us Primary Teachers longing for a decent length contract for next year year!!!
Old Nov 21st 2010, 5:06 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BABY BOOMERS coming of school age - let's hope that's good news for us in Primary

thought you were talking about the old baby boomers finally retiring - they've been banging on about that since I started uni in the late 90s...and yet still the old stalwarts are clinging to their posts...

My daughter is prep age in 2011 but the baby bonus is not to blame for that...