Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Applying to WA - loads of questions!

Applying to WA - loads of questions!

Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:27 am
Just Joined

enstockdesigns is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying to WA - loads of questions!

Hi
We have just started the process of applying to go on a 457 sponsored visa to WA. My husband is a Secondary teacher and I'm Primary and we have 4 children under the age of 9. It's been really helpful reading everyones experiences - I wondered about salary comaprison - hubby is ten years+ experienced and is on the Upper Pay scale here. I'm not planning to teach straight away so we'llbe taking a pay cut, but any ideas what salary he would start on ?
Also does anyone know about rural placements - extra incentives accomodation help with removals etc?
Many thanks in advance -all advice gratefully received!
Caroline and Rob
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying to WA - loads of questions!

Hello have pm you.

Gems
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by enstockdesigns
Hi
We have just started the process of applying to go on a 457 sponsored visa to WA. My husband is a Secondary teacher and I'm Primary and we have 4 children under the age of 9. It's been really helpful reading everyones experiences - I wondered about salary comaprison - hubby is ten years+ experienced and is on the Upper Pay scale here. I'm not planning to teach straight away so we'llbe taking a pay cut, but any ideas what salary he would start on ?
Also does anyone know about rural placements - extra incentives accomodation help with removals etc?
Many thanks in advance -all advice gratefully received!
Caroline and Rob
Hi Gems
Thanks - I seem to be being blocked from PM as a new member with less than 3 posts so I'll do a couple more posts then hopefully will be able to acess your message!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:09 am
Just Joined

Gems
I can't wait to read your message - haev read all your posts with interest
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:36 am
Just Joined

Hi Gems
Have sent you a PM
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

foxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nice

Originally Posted by enstockdesigns
Hi Gems
Have sent you a PM
Please read the Salary in WA thread. I attached in my reply the latest salary agreement. As long as you can prove your length of service with a statement of service from previous employers then you go on at the equivalent pay scale.

The DET website has a section just for overseas teachers which explain the extra incentives involved in teaching rural/remote.

Good luck