Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Anyone in the Education profession familiar with this?

Anyone in the Education profession familiar with this?

Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Bazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone in the Education profession familiar with this?

WACOT?

Been told you have to be registered with them to teach in WA.

How arduous is it to gain registration?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in the Education profession familiar with this?

Fill in the registration form and supply the docs they require, pay the fee and if your qualifications fit their requirements, you will be ok. How long it takes I guess depends on whether you send everything they ask for and how many applications they are processing at the time yours arrives. Mine took 3 weeks - I started my DET application at the same time and they came through more or less at the same time. I started both procedures before I left UK and once I got to WA was doing relief teaching within 4 weeks.

Good Luck
Old Apr 29th 2009, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Bazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Briar
Fill in the registration form and supply the docs they require, pay the fee and if your qualifications fit their requirements, you will be ok. How long it takes I guess depends on whether you send everything they ask for and how many applications they are processing at the time yours arrives. Mine took 3 weeks - I started my DET application at the same time and they came through more or less at the same time. I started both procedures before I left UK and once I got to WA was doing relief teaching within 4 weeks.

Good Luck
Thanks alot Briar.

Desperately trying to get school sponsorship at the moment. It's like extracting teeth!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

poppyandpeanut is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you doing relief at the moment briar? Can you advise on any agencies? Would like to do some supply before I start a perm job

Thanks
Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

Poppyandpeanut (love that!) I did supply (relief) teaching in WA for 6 months on a working holiday visa a year or two ago. Found it easy to get - just had to register at various schools by going in with my resume and meeting the Deputy or whoever booked the relief teacher. Did most of my relief in country schools as I am not a city boy and have rellies who live south of Perth. Mind you the situation will probably be different now with the current global economic stuff bubbling away. The main teaching agencies in WA seem to be Choice One and Hays Recruitment. I didn't have to resort to them, but many people do. Try googling and see what you come up with.

And Bazza Boy - DETWA advised me that individual government schools cannot sponsor teachers, only DET as a department can. Private schools though are a different matter and you can approach them direct.

Good Luck to you both!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

lekkilizard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Briar
Poppyandpeanut (love that!) I did supply (relief) teaching in WA for 6 months on a working holiday visa a year or two ago. Found it easy to get - just had to register at various schools by going in with my resume and meeting the Deputy or whoever booked the relief teacher. Did most of my relief in country schools as I am not a city boy and have rellies who live south of Perth. Mind you the situation will probably be different now with the current global economic stuff bubbling away. The main teaching agencies in WA seem to be Choice One and Hays Recruitment. I didn't have to resort to them, but many people do. Try googling and see what you come up with.

And Bazza Boy - DETWA advised me that individual government schools cannot sponsor teachers, only DET as a department can. Private schools though are a different matter and you can approach them direct.

Good Luck to you both!
Public schools cannot sponsor so yes it is through DET.

As for relief teachers....yes they are still needed in Rural WA.....we needed 2 today in our dept let alone school !!

Nxx