Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Advice needed re: teacher registration

Advice needed re: teacher registration

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice
Default Advice needed re: teacher registration

Hi

Hope someone may be able to provide some advice.

I have a residency visa and am moving out to OZ in three weeks. I initially intended to move to Melbourne two years ago so registered with the state of Victoria and have been renewing my subscription each year. My circumstances have changed slightly now and I will intially need to be in NSW staying with a friend until my shipping container arrives. I am not expecting this to arrive until about december and I will need to do some supply teaching while I am in NSW, particularly as the long holidays will be starting at the end of the year and I will not be able to work then.

My question is this. Am I better to transfer my registration (having to transfer it back at a later date) or am I better to just go through the registration process again with NSW and be registered in both states?

Thanks in advance fo any advice
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed re: teacher registration

Not sure to be honest.

Just wnnted to say 'Yipee' well done on getting your visa. Hope you like Australia as much as we do.

Gems
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 12:25 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

You just register again NSW so will be registered in both states. Your Victorian membership won't stop or expire just because you've registered in another state .
Old Sep 29th 2009, 10:40 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

You may also find it is easier to register in NSW as you are already registered in another Australian state - I went from Qld to NT and there was an option in the forms for teachers who were already registered in Australia.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

Thanks for the advice, particularly re if I am already registered....I will need to look into that.

I don't want to fully transfer my registrationa as I will be going to Victoria once my container arrives.

To be honest, after looking at the NSW teacher registration site I am totally confused as to the process. It implies that you just need to post through all your certificates and a copy of your passport, but then it seems that you can also do an application form, but this does not seem compulsary....something about pre registration?

This is totally different to Victoria where it was an application form and docs required. Anyone who can advise on this urgently please particularly if you have just been through the process in NSW?

Thanks in advance