Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

457, WA DET Sponsorship, How long after send CV?

457, WA DET Sponsorship, How long after send CV?

Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:53 pm
Account Closed

derekgoforth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457, WA DET Sponsorship, How long after send CV?

my impression is, (although i could be well off) DET are interviewing people who are trained in the subjects the are currently recruiting for, i teach design tech which is a shortage subject virtually everywhere.
am still a big supproter of the 457 visa over PR, cant say how much pressure it will take off not having to search for a job whilst being out there.

i guess by the lack of response that people still do not know where they are being placed in january? be good to know a few places just for interests sake

djg
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
I doubt they would stick to just one area, teaching is shortage in whole of WA.
So when we came and others after us they put them in towns North and South of Perth.

eg in our group they went to Karatha,Carnarvon, Geraldton,Esperance,Kalgoorlie, Northam,Austalind,Kattaning,Roeborne.
The previous group also had people go to Manjimup.

Kalgoorlie and Esperance are possible but more likely that out of a group arriving you will be spread out across WA.

Gems
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

chedac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by motleyboy
Hi Guys,
I am also flying out to Perth on the 457 Visa, starting on the 19th January 09. I am flying out on my own, so it will certainly be nice to share the build up with people/ask questions of other peoples progress and get to know people before we go.
I hope people don't mind if i personal-mail then, let me know....
Si
Hi Si,
I am also going on my own, it is a bit of a relief to see I am not the only one. where abouts are you based in the Uk( I am in Edinburgh) teaching science. I have just managed to get my medical and xrays done this week so that is another thing done and dusted.
If you want to get in touch then my email is [email protected]
See you in Jan
David
Old Sep 25th 2008, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Dobbsy Family is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys - hope you don't mind me dropping you an email - its just I was reading thru and noticed you are near us!! We live in Barton-Le-Clay - in fact we have an MK postcode and I teach in a school in Luton!!
We are desperately waition to hear if I have an interview nxt month!! I have only just been faxed my transcripts from college and sent them to WACOT today!! I have sent ref contacts and CV etc.. to the DET - but a bit worried asa they emailed me earlier today to say all had to be to the office there by the 30th Sept which is nxt Tues!!
I have no idea about what their turnaround time scale is like - but am hoping to get to Coventry or London interviews in Mid October!!
I am a primary teacher and they are noe , finally, looking to recruit primary teachers for Jan 2010 which wld suit us fine.
I believe they come over again to interview nxt March. I know we have a bit of time on our hands, but we REALLY want to get on the next lot of interviews!! Be nice to know by Xmas if we are successful and if so my husband wants to sell up - could take a whaile!! At least we'll have a good year to plan everything, save and cry! I'm still not sure if I can cope with the emotional side - I hate goodbyes. We have 3 girls aged 7 5 and 3 - so it will be a BIG move for us all!!
Drop us a line if you get a chance.
Be good to hear from you!
Regards
Caroline

x
PS Did you mention in a post that you worked in a school in Luton? If so which one? I'm originally from Luton you see.
Have you any children?

Originally Posted by lekkilizard
Hi Elo

Good to hear back from you. I guess I am being mega organised. I have lists coming out of everywhere.

Not quite living out of suitcases but I have been thinking about them and even looking at them! You are a mind reader!!
And, went to a close by restaurant yesterday to organise my Mum's 60th birthday!! Got the hangover from hell so more tea and pills are needed!!!

I can understand your reserve with your parents after what have been through. I'm glad youre giving the expat life a second chance! My parents have been great but they have always worked and lived abroad even now my Dad works away. Mine are even talking about moving to Oz if we decide to stay there for good. You can see where I get the organised bit from. We havent even left and they're planning ahead already.

Any way we've got a manic weekend ahead if I manage to get off the sofa so will catch up soon.

Enjoy bank holiday. Let's hope it's not a wash out!

Do we get bank holidays in Oz? Another thing to add to my list of things to find out!!!!

Nicki
Old Sep 26th 2008, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

lekkilizard is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Caroline

Yes I do teach in Luton at Denbigh so I am Secondary. Used to live in Ampthill many moons ago now so know the Barton area well. Is the pub in Hexton just as good.?

I will PM you as this reply could be quite long.

Nicki
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Dobbsy Family is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nicki!!
Nice to hear fromyou!
Funny enough - I used to go to Denbigh High myself!! Left 1985! Small world eh!!
Be really good to hear more about your experience with the DET sponsorship scheme!
We are just waiting to hear if we have an interview next month! Blimey -its been a long time since I had one of those - I hope it's not too gruelling!

Yes the Raven in Hexton is still there - great for the kids - play area outside.

Anyway - be good to catch up more!
Do you know where you are going to in WA yet? And was it Jan2009 you go?
Look forward to hearing fromyou

Regards
Caroline
x