Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Zimmerman Verdict

Zimmerman Verdict

Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:36 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zimmerman Verdict

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Well I certainly wouldn't be explaining myself to a (lol)neighborhood watch guy.
Also, you can't mess with a mans (dough)nuts and expect to get away with it.
Nutek Runs On Dunkin.. but he doesn't run away from anyone trying to steal them.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:39 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
Good point.
That's the time common sense comes into play. Neither of them showed any, if you believe Zimmerman's account. That doesn't make him guilty of murder though.
You know the old thing about martial arts experts having their hands registered as deadly weapons? I'm not even sure that it's true.

BUT the principle applies... If you know you can do more harm to someone than they can do to you (ie, you're carrying a gun) - shouldn't that make you the person who needs to be twice as aware NOT to get into a confrontation?
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:44 pm
Brexicide Now

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixie_b View Post
BUT the principle applies... If you know you can do more harm to someone than they can do to you (ie, you're carrying a gun) - shouldn't that make you the person who needs to be twice as aware NOT to get into a confrontation?
Watch as I get beheaded for not toeing the party line here but ...

No. If you're legally carrying, conceled or otherwise, the onus isn't on you to do anything. Maybe it's the right thing to do to make it known right away you're armed but the law is on your side as long as you act within it.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:45 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

You know the old thing about martial arts experts having their hands registered as deadly weapons? I'm not even sure that it's true.

It's not true.

The class that you have to take here in FL before you can apply for a CCW permit, make you extremely aware of your personal responsibility if you're carrying a weapon.
So yes, it would be a last resort. Who knows what was going through either of their minds at the time of the initial spark off...
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Watch as I get beheaded for not toeing the party line here but ...

No. If you're legally carrying, conceled or otherwise, the onus isn't on you to do anything except hit the target. Maybe it's the right thing to do to make it known right away you're armed but the law is on your side as long as you act within it.
That's true.

FTFY.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 5:05 pm
Brexicide Now

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
That's true.

FTFY.
Careful, now
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 5:57 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Careful, now
His fix wasn't concealed, now was it?

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 22nd 2013 at 6:06 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 5:58 pm
Brexicide Now

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
His fix wasn't concealed , now was it?
Of all the things to fix, that was the one he missed ...
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

George Zimmerman helped rescue a family of four, from an overturned vehicle on Wednesday;

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/22/us/flo...html?hpt=hp_t2

Jim.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 6:21 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express View Post
George Zimmerman helped rescue a family of four, from an overturned vehicle on Wednesday;

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/22/us/flo...html?hpt=hp_t2

Jim.
Bloody hell........... I bet within the hour, someone says that he'd run them off the road to get the good publicity...
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:25 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell........... I bet within the hour, someone says that he'd run them off the road to get the good publicity...
So having failed to make a positive impression as a pseudo beat cop, he's now trying his hand at highway patrol?
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:35 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
So having failed to make a positive impression as a pseudo beat cop, he's now trying his hand at highway patrol?
That's exactly what I thought but I didn't want to say anything lest I look like I'm picking on poor Georgie.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:36 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

They were probably trying to get away from him.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 8:03 pm
Brexicide Now

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
That's exactly what I thought but I didn't want to say anything lest I look like I'm picking on poor Georgie.
'Poor Georgie' is open for ridicule. Just because the law was on his side doesn't mean he wasn't a moron for taking it into his own hands.

If he genuinely helped them, not as an act of trying to make himself look good then fair ****s, though. That's how to do your job as a responsible citizen looking out for your community.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 9:31 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Do we know if they were black. These things matter. Oh and well done George for not shooting any of them.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.