Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

WTF Murders/Killings in the US

WTF Murders/Killings in the US

Old Nov 6th 2017, 3:11 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF Murders/Killings in the US

Originally Posted by RICH View Post
Do you mean exactly - one - or something else?
What I mean is that it didn't make any difference. All of the dead people are still dead.

I've never believed that "good guy with a gun" nonsense. By the time the "good guy" is able to do anything, it's already too late.

In Las Vegas the "good guys" were the police and they were there in under 10 minutes. 60 dead and 500 wounded. The "good guy" theory doesn't hold up.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
And when you think of it, if you are running a mental hospital would you let all the patients have guns?
People that are committed are not legally allowed to own guns in this State. However they closed the mental hospitals years ago, so good luck with finding one. Now we just keep the mentally ill in prison or on the streets.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:41 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Not quite the same though - apart from the checks on licensing, gun owners are liable to visits to check security of storage and/or may be required to leave guns at a gun club.

Carrying a weapon (other than for transportation) is illegal - no civilian may carry offensive weapons in the UK under any circumstances (concealed or otherwise). In particular, pistols are prohibited (unless you think a muzzle-loading black powder pistol counts) and anyone sentenced to prison for more than three months is banned from holding firearms for 5 years from release (or for life if jailed for over 5 years).

None of this means that people don't carry or use guns - but there is a mandatory 5 year sentence if caught.

So, you CAN have a weapon in the UK, but good luck with that.
Nice fantasy, clearly you don’t have a uk fac, I do, many of your details are wrong.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

The good guys were there with guns at the church, wounded the gunman then chased him to stop. He then called his father-in-law and said something like "I don't think I'm going to make it" then shot himself
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada View Post
Nice fantasy, clearly you don’t have a uk fac, I do, many of your details are wrong.
I live here sunshine - my father had both a UK fac and shotgun cert and I shot smallbore for Ireland. So, now tell me what details are wrong...

If you have held a fac for many years, you have certain privileges which are not available to new applicants - but the law is as I have stated.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop View Post
The good guys were there with guns at the church, wounded the gunman then chased him to stop. He then called his father-in-law and said something like "I don't think I'm going to make it" then shot himself
Shame he didn't do that an hour earlier.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:13 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

And the 25 dead people reanimated themselves and came back to life.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Protect your right to pray in peace at church. Bring a handgun.

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing things like "Let all our thoughts and prayers be with the victims and their families"

Yes to the thoughts. As to prayers ... to what? It's beginning to dawn on me and with a growing suspicion that no one "up there" is listening
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
And the 25 dead people reanimated themselves and came back to life.
If they stopped him killing any more people than at least some good came out of it
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:23 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Protect your right to pray in peace at church. Bring a handgun.

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing things like "Let all our thoughts and prayers be with the victims and their families"

Yes to the thoughts. As to prayers ... to what? It's beginning to dawn on me and with a growing suspicion that no one "up there" is listening
There is no one up there.

People down here have to act to stop it. This country has now had violence embedded within its culture. That, combined with freely available weaponry, created what we have today - thousands and thousands of dead people every year, shot. Do you really think that this is what those "founding fathers" had in mind with their constitution?
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:24 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

If they stopped him killing any more people than at least some good came out of it
Which is not at all the same thing as preventing people from getting killed in the first place, and is not an argument to unleash ever more guns into civil society. If your buddy saves your life in a war, great. But better to stop the war so that you and your buddy aren't at risk any more.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:26 pm
WTF?

That's a pretty low bar.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

That sounds like a good argument for abortion....
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
There is no one up there.

People down here have to act to stop it. This country has now had violence embedded within its culture. That, combined with freely available weaponry, created what we have today - thousands and thousands of dead people every year, shot. Do you really think that this is what those "founding fathers" had in mind with their constitution?
How can you stop it when Congress wont even act to ban all types of assault weapons and large capacity magazines ?

I heard this morning that Trump had overturned a law by Obama to outlaw certain types of high capacity magazines and that the NRA had contributed some 13 million dollars to his campaign. Trump himself said during the election campaign that right to carry permits should be available to anyone with the right to own a firearm.

With a President and a Congress like that we're screwed already
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
That sounds like a good argument for abortion....
Unfortunately his mother never aborted him.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.