Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

WTF Murders/Killings in the US

WTF Murders/Killings in the US

Old Dec 1st 2018, 7:57 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF Murders/Killings in the US

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Well there are State and Federal laws that seek to combat discrimination.
Thats OK, the landlords rights in this case seem still to be protected, though we should continue the fight for the full restitution of rights for oppressed landlords.
Old Dec 1st 2018, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Thats OK, the landlords rights in this case seem still to be protected, though we should continue the fight for the full restitution of rights for oppressed landlords.
We?

I think you may be in a minority
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 1:43 am
Unedicated dropout

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

We?

Anyone who didn't care to read the article through to the end might like to know that the other six tenants were threatening to leave and, thanks to the way joint tenancies work, the girl would have been faced with finding six new tenants and stumping up the $6k+ monthly rent, whereas the six tenants would only have to find a portion of that until the room was filled.
If I were going to be pissed about anything it wouldn't be the landlord but the roomies who went through her stuff.

Presumably if a landlord didn't want guns on his property it'd be perfect legal and easy enough sticking it in the no pets, no indoor open fires, no grow rooms, no knocking down internal walls clause?
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
Anyone who didn't care to read the article through to the end might like to know that the other six tenants were threatening to leave and, thanks to the way joint tenancies work, the girl would have been faced with finding six new tenants and stumping up the $6k+ monthly rent, whereas the six tenants would only have to find a portion of that until the room was filled.
If I were going to be pissed about anything it wouldn't be the landlord but the roomies who went through her stuff.

Presumably if a landlord didn't want guns on his property it'd be perfect legal and easy enough sticking it in the no pets, no indoor open fires, no grow rooms, no knocking down internal walls clause?
No Irish
No Blacks
No Hispanics

The list goes on.
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 3:05 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

We?
The righteous are always a minority in the face of totalitarian oppression.
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 6:32 pm
Unedicated dropout

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

No Irish
No Blacks
No Hispanics

The list goes on.
Your list discriminates against people themselves not things that people have/do, there is a difference, unless you happen to be a discriminatory 'Christian', there do appear to be exceptions for them!
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
Your list discriminates against people themselves not things that people have/do, there is a difference, unless you happen to be a discriminatory 'Christian', there do appear to be exceptions for them!
I do not know if this will result in criminal charges, certainly seems a case.

Would there be a valid defense of well the hat she wore and she was from a southern state hold good?

I rather hope not.

No mention of religion so you have lost me on that.
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 6:50 pm
Fair and balanced

Would here be a valid defense of well the hat she wore and she was from a southern state hold good?
I rather hope not.
Is her Turkish birth an issue? She did mention "where I am from" I was not sure if that was referring to her Turkish birth or not.
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I will need to re read, hands up missed the Turkish bit.
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 7:11 pm
Unedicated dropout

Would there be a valid defense of well the hat she wore and she was from a southern state hold good?

I rather hope not.

Lol. The religion mention was a dig at the fairly recent gay wedding cake debacle, where it would seem that discrimination is acceptable..
Bearing in mind that I was talking about lease terms, which would obviously be on the contract before one signed it. The article portrays the landlord in bad light but I think he was just trying to act as the middle man with the best possible outcome for all parties (and it's not often I side with landlords when it comes to disputes!!).

As for a criminal case I'm not too sure what the grounds would be. Does breaking and entering legislation apply in shared rentals? We don't even know if she closed her door let alone whether it was locked, certainly grounds for a civil case though - if she or daddy can afford to proceed with one once they've forked out for relocating.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
No need - automatic weapons were banned without amendment, weren't they? Concealed carry without a permit is also illegal, isn't it?

As far as I'm aware there is nothing in the 2nd to suggest that assault-style semi-autos, bump stocks and home-made suppressors, etc. are covered. You may know better, of course..... I somehow think mass killings would be less likely if flintlock muskets (or pistols) were used......

Pre-authorisation for purchase and licensing might sail closer to the wind - but "the right to bear" is not infringed unless either are denied...... and I presume there would be good reason for that. Nobody suggests that prisoners should be allowed arms, so presumably there is scope for some "people" to be excluded.

I'm hardly an expert on US constitutional law, but I find it hard to believe that nothing can be done.
One down
Old Jan 6th 2019, 7:01 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Fight in a bowling alley, southern California ends in shooting - https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/05/u...ing/index.html
Old Jan 6th 2019, 12:35 pm
Unedicated dropout

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
Fight in a bowling alley, southern California ends in shooting - https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/05/u...ing/index.html
Mighty considerate to do it in a family place just as the new school semester kicks off, those kids sure will appreciate their next lockdown drill and hordes of gun toting wannabes keeping order in their places of study!
Old Jan 6th 2019, 6:46 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
One down
Yup. Now we just have to get rid of black paint to eliminate "assault style" rifles. Also suppressors because we all know suppressed guns make a nasally "pew pew" sound, just like in movies and that's bad.

Riddle me this, is a revolver "semi-automatic"?
Old Jan 6th 2019, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hiro11 View Post
Yup. Now we just have to get rid of black paint to eliminate "assault style" rifles. Also suppressors because we all know suppressed guns make a nasally "pew pew" sound, just like in movies and that's bad.

Riddle me this, is a revolver "semi-automatic"?
Single action or double action?

Colour is the most important consideration.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.