Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Will Boris' win cause NI & Scotland to leave?

Will Boris' win cause NI & Scotland to leave?

Old Dec 19th 2019, 5:35 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Boris' win cause NI & Scotland to leave?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I mean, that's just a normal Friday night for you, innit?

Books will be no different than they are now. Libraries are a utopia, they are the one place where you can spend an entire day and not be chased out, or expected to spend money. And they are filled with lots of lovely books to boot.

I knew we'd be able to get you on our side
Pretty much, bit of back / arse slapping and calling people by surnames only and it's perfect.
Libraries are indeed wonderful. Prime real estate quite often too, wonder how the councils hang onto them.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
World peace through things that look like boxes of vomit.

Oh well, whatever it takes I suppose.
I'm all for world peace. If the whole world would just stop, have a sit down, blow the froth off a couple of Heinekens and just chill the **** out, we'd be set. Munchy box discussions for finalising deals, we all wake up hungover but smiling.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Shouldn’t there be show trials?
Just watching one of the greatest of them all ..and a first... The trial of King Charles 1st....a show trial indeed ,as it was based on breaking the law at the time..ie you couldn't prosecute a king appointed by god...

Back to Red Eric being banned I am shocked ! was what he said that bad ? I missed it anyway Too busy to be on here most days ...A bit KGB though when someone simple disappears without explanation
Old Dec 19th 2019, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I had to google. WTF is that????

Looks like someone was very ill in that mess
Old Dec 19th 2019, 2:18 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Pretty much, bit of back / arse slapping and calling people by surnames only and it's perfect.
Sounds a bit too corporate/public school (delete as appropriate) for my liking.

Libraries are indeed wonderful.
Yep.

Prime real estate quite often too, wonder how the councils hang onto them.
They hang on to them because they are wonderful. Or at least that's why they should. WGAF about 'prime real estate', that's some straight up BS anyway.

I'm all for world peace. If the whole world would just stop, have a sit down, blow the froth off a couple of Heinekens and just chill the **** out, we'd be set. Munchy box discussions for finalising deals, we all wake up hungover but smiling.
Nobody smiles with a hangover, and there was a distinct lack of tea in that scenario.
Old Dec 23rd 2019, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Looks like someone was very ill in that mess
Commonly known as a munchie box in Scotland. The kebab meat, onion bhajis and chicken pakora are particularly inviting. Can't get any of that here unfortunately. I do miss my junk food.

Last edited by Jamesy5008; Dec 23rd 2019 at 6:07 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2019, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamesy5008 View Post
Commonly known as a munchie box in Scotland. The kebab meat, onion bhajis and chicken pakora are particularly inviting. Can't get any of that here unfortunately. I do miss my junk food.
I've often talked about how great an idea it would be to open up a Scottish food truck here in Austin and park it near 6th on the weekends.

I'd absolutely clean up if I offered greasy burgers, sausage suppers, kebabs and munchie boxes the way we do them in Scotland.

Old Dec 24th 2019, 8:49 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Just watching one of the greatest of them all ..and a first... The trial of King Charles 1st....a show trial indeed ,as it was based on breaking the law at the time..ie you couldn't prosecute a king appointed by god...
:
We just watched that. I thought it was very good.
Old Dec 24th 2019, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TexanScot View Post
I've often talked about how great an idea it would be to open up a Scottish food truck here in Austin and park it near 6th on the weekends.

I'd absolutely clean up if I offered greasy burgers, sausage suppers, kebabs and munchie boxes the way we do them in Scotland.
I've got family in Houston. Direct flights now from Cayman. Worth the 3 hour drive for a square sausage roll with onions and a tad of brown sauce. Munchie boxes are the way ahead.
Old Dec 24th 2019, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post

We just watched that. I thought it was very good.

Yes it was ,it showed what could be done if the pressure at the time was strong enough..it never seems to be about right and wrong.. The law or anarchy .. Its always about who holds the power at that moment .. Usually one man...It only lasted 10 yrs before the Royals were back on the throne and all those who signed Charles death warrant were executed, or had already died ,or fled into exile.
The 'power' has now tipped in the UK.. We are no longer united. This Brexit debacle has separated us like nothing before .the Civil war that is.
Old Dec 24th 2019, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it was ,it showed what could be done if the pressure at the time was strong enough..it never seems to be about right and wrong.. The law or anarchy .. Its always about who holds the power at that moment .. Usually one man...It only lasted 10 yrs before the Royals were back on the throne and all those who signed Charles death warrant were executed, or had already died ,or fled into exile.
The 'power' has now tipped in the UK.. We are no longer united. This Brexit debacle has separated us like nothing before .the Civil war that is.
Are you in the UK GeniB?-----I don't find that division!

So much 'goodwill' -----in our UK town very much equally Labour and Conservative. On overcrowded buses all helping to squash in pushchairs-wheelchairs, vast--wheeled bags. Good humour in the town where Labour Council have converted part of their office into rooms for homeless.
In a teaching hospital where son-in-law--(2 and half years with dreadful auto-immune illness) just came out hospital after relapse ----so much kindness has been shown to him and family by hospital staff, neighbours, friends, strangers, schools.
In Leicester nearby city-----a Remain place, county was Leave----the recent Diwali celebrations thousands of all nationality origin enjoying themselves peacefully together.

Anyway Happy Christmas to you and all posting on TIO!!!

Old Dec 24th 2019, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

atlasthemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Back to the question with some maths
snp received 45% of the scottish vote and nicola thanked the voters for lending their vote for a one off anti boris / anti brexit vote . conclusion to the above, if indy ref 2 occurred snp would receive 35 - 40 % vote, ie a crushing defeat
Old Dec 24th 2019, 2:54 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that 65% of the population likes pizza. Using simple maths, 65% would vote for mozzarella. ie a crushing defeat for parmesan.
Old Dec 24th 2019, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

namsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond repute

let them leave.
I don't see why the UK should stay together.
Old Dec 24th 2019, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

namsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond repute

sturgeon is being stupid though.
will she pull a UDI like Rhodesia? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes...f_Independence
she has to lump it.
Old Dec 24th 2019, 9:57 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by namsbabe View Post
sturgeon is being stupid though.
will she pull a UDI like Rhodesia? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes...f_Independence
she has to lump it.
Hmm ... there seem to be a few (minor) differences between Rhodesia’s situation at the time of UDI, and Scotland now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.