Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Who Do you Believe UGOV, KINGS COLLEGE or the man in the pub.

Who Do you Believe UGOV, KINGS COLLEGE or the man in the pub.

Old May 20th 2014, 4:28 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who Do you Believe UGOV, KINGS COLLEGE or the man in the pub.

Earlier today I cam across a report which confirmed that immigration is the subject that most concerns the UK population ( just over 50% of those surveyed.
It also came up with other interesting facts.
Those surveyed thought that the immigrant population of the UK is as high as 31% when it is actually somewhere between 13-15%.
The report also suggested that rather than there be a flood of immigrants from Romania and Bulgaria those registered in employment in the UK has fallen.
What it does suggest that I think none of us can disagree with is that during a period of recession and widening wealth gaps those who have lost out and are not benefitting from growth look for scapegoats and all too readily believe unsubstantiated facts and rumour.
Old May 20th 2014, 4:33 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who Do you Believe UGOV, KINGS COLLEGE or the man in the pub.

Since the entire world (-1) is racist, I reckon the answer is clear..

I can't always be sure what to believe, but I'm pretty good at knowing what NOT to believe.
Old May 20th 2014, 4:38 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Since the entire world (-1) is racist, I reckon the answer is clear..

I can't always be sure what to believe, but I'm pretty good at knowing what NOT to believe.
Brilliant
Old May 20th 2014, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

The man in the pub for can gets my vote.
Old May 20th 2014, 4:41 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
Earlier today I cam across a report which confirmed that immigration is the subject that most concerns the UK population ( just over 50% of those surveyed.
Those surveyed thought that the immigrant population of the UK is as high as 31% when it is actually somewhere between 13-15%.
The report also suggested that rather than there be a flood of immigrants from Romania and Bulgaria those registered in employment in the UK has fallen.
What it does suggest that I think none of us can disagree with is that during a period of recession and widening wealth gaps those who have lost out and are not benefitting from growth look for scapegoats and all too readily believe unsubstantiated facts and rumour.
How many threads do you want on this subject, don't you think enough is enough.
Old May 20th 2014, 4:41 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

"just over", "as high as", "somewhere between"

where are the high standards of accuracy you demand from everyone else
Old May 20th 2014, 4:46 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

I believe everything EMR has to say on any subject......there, saves a 20 page long pointless thread now
Old May 20th 2014, 4:54 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's getting silly now... but why not capitalise on it?

In celebration of the renaissance of the "R" word, how about we hijack this thread as a "you might be racist if..." thread?

You're probably a racist if you:
  • ever suspected a non-anglo saxon of committing a crime
  • ever use the word "black" to describe a person of African descent
  • refer to someone as racist to settle an argument

any more?
Old May 20th 2014, 5:02 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

My point in raising this thread has little to do with the subject of immigration but just how easliy people are led by rumour, vested interest and personal predjudice.
The main theme of the report is the social divisions that are developing because of the increasing lack of focus on facts.
Immigration and the misinformation being spread by some was given as an example.
It suggests that we do not want to accept facts if they do not confirm our pre conceptions
It is a dangerous trend and one that could lead to increasing social divisions.
Old May 20th 2014, 5:04 pm
Banned

Stupid, pointless thread....I am out
Old May 20th 2014, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Give it a rest.
Old May 20th 2014, 5:06 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo View Post
Stupid, pointless thread....I am out
Me too....although I'd bet EMR will continue the thread even if he/she has to argue on his/her own.
Old May 20th 2014, 5:12 pm
EMR
Banned

Thank you JT, Madrid boy La Manch etc, you have confirmed what the author is suggesting.
Old May 20th 2014, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you JT, Madrid boy La Manch etc, you have confirmed what the author is suggesting.
The facts for me our at times on our doorstep, not rumor or led by media but what we see every day in our communities with our own eyes.
Old May 20th 2014, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

My point in raising this thread has little to do with the subject of immigration but just how easliy people are led by rumour, vested interest and personal predjudice.
The main theme of the report is the social divisions that are developing because of the increasing lack of focus on facts.
Immigration and the misinformation being spread by some was given as an example.
It suggests that we do not want to accept facts if they do not confirm our pre conceptions
It is a dangerous trend and one that could lead to increasing social divisions.
Me thinks the man doth protest too much.

To be frank EMR there is little else you can post that you haven't already.

You clearly won't convert people to your view in the same way as I no-one has managed to alter your views.

It really has been done to death.

Now women messing around in football would be a much better ruck in the wake of the Scudamore business.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.