Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has pissed you off today

What has pissed you off today

Old Feb 15th 2012, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has pissed you off today

Originally Posted by Macca67 View Post
Not so much what has pissed me off but what is scaring me shitless. Daughter got her temp license yesterday and she wants me to take her out on the road in about 10 mins.

If you never hear from me again you'll know why and in that case I just wanted to let you know I've loved you all like brothers and sisters.....even the Bride of Dracula.
I'm sure the gray hair count doubled after teaching my two youngest to drive. In the end, they did alright and I survived. I started them off in a really big, empty parking lot to get them used to the car and braking etc. It was still a bit hairy on the road.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 9:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
My Dad was one of the most placid, even-tempered men you could ever wish to meet. He took me out to give me a driving lesson just once.

I never even knew he knew those words.
At least in the UK most people have at least one course of driving lessons. In NJ they only have 4 hrs...then they hit the road with no 'L' plates and can drive on the freeways
Old Feb 15th 2012, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
At least in the UK most people have at least one course of driving lessons. In NJ they only have 4 hrs...then they hit the road with no 'L' plates and can drive on the freeways
And with it being New Jersey chances are the vehicle has been nicked especially in Newark
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:05 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

As there is not a "What makes you think you are developing Alzheimers" thread; I will put this here.

Ready to go to work, I walk out and no car, OK I must have (for some inexplicable reason) put it in the garage. Not in the garage. I drove the little one to school today, it is either still at the school or stolen. I walk to the school still not sure if it is there, until I am on top of it, as it is hidden by a truck.

We as a rule walk the 10 minutes to school, but today we were running a little late, so drove, but so accustomed to the walk am I, I walked back, not stopping for a moment to remember that I had driven there, and a few hours later, not remembering that I had walked back.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

People who wont wait until you walk through the open bathroom door and decide instead to barging right through and almost knocking my kids over in the process......
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
As there is not a "What makes you think you are developing Alzheimers" thread; I will put this here.

Ready to go to work, I walk out and no car, OK I must have (for some inexplicable reason) put it in the garage. Not in the garage. I drove the little one to school today, it is either still at the school or stolen. I walk to the school still not sure if it is there, until I am on top of it, as it is hidden by a truck.

We as a rule walk the 10 minutes to school, but today we were running a little late, so drove, but so accustomed to the walk am I, I walked back, not stopping for a moment to remember that I had driven there, and a few hours later, not remembering that I had walked back.

Ahhh the memories. Been there.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:20 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Pre-senile dementia. Oh dear.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:22 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

The post by kimilseung reminds me of something similar that happened to me today.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:23 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

a "What makes you think you are developing Alzheimers" thread
We need this thread.

Please start one.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:24 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

The post by kimilseung reminds me of something similar that happened to me today.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My friend's husband took their daughter into school and drove home. When he opened the back door to get their youngest out of the child seat she wasn't there. He'd left her at school. When he went back to collect her the teacher was not amused.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:31 pm
Fair and balanced

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
We need this thread.

Please start one.
As I appear to be losing my mind, I certainly do not have one of my own, so I have done as I was told. Here
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Think I may need to have my vision checked. I read this as "penile dementia"
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
My friend's husband took their daughter into school and drove home. When he opened the back door to get their youngest out of the child seat she wasn't there. He'd left her at school. When he went back to collect her the teacher was not amused.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:33 pm
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Think I may need to have my vision checked. I read this as "penile dementia"
Eyes, or one-track mind?

Still, you could have read it as "prehensile dementia".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.