Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has pissed you off today

What has pissed you off today

Old Feb 14th 2013, 6:37 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has pissed you off today

Great cock up from 12 year old daughter's teacher tonight!

I went to school to personally pick up her report as we have to here. The teacher gave it to me, said that C's hard work has paid off and pointed out the mark for good behaviour too. All marks of 8 and 9. I came home with it and we celebrated with her when she was singing and dancing. Bit surprised to get only 8 in English, but thrilled with her report. Very surprised to get 8 in technology as she was expecting a 6.

An hour later her classmate sends her a text saying "you've got my report not yours" which sends her into despair and ten minutes after that her teacher rings me at home to personally aplogise for her mistake. I passed the phone to my daughter so she could apologise to her as well - as she should! She will get her report tomorrow now. Must check all names on school papers three times in future. Poor girl.

She won't have a bad report, but it probably won't be as good as the one we were given, the one that I now know belongs to the class swot and brainbox.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza View Post
Great cock up from 12 year old daughter's teacher tonight!

I went to school to personally pick up her report as we have to here. The teacher gave it to me, said that C's hard work has paid off and pointed out the mark for good behaviour too. All marks of 8 and 9. I came home with it and we celebrated with her when she was singing and dancing. Bit surprised to get only 8 in English, but thrilled with her report. Very surprised to get 8 in technology as she was expecting a 6.

An hour later her classmate sends her a text saying "you've got my report not yours" which sends her into despair and ten minutes after that her teacher rings me at home to personally aplogise for her mistake. I passed the phone to my daughter so she could apologise to her as well - as she should! She will get her report tomorrow now. Must check all names on school papers three times in future. Poor girl.

She won't have a bad report, but it probably won't be as good as the one we were given, the one that I now know belongs to the class swot and brainbox.

That's pretty crap... I know my 11 year old would be pretty upset. She has a couple of good friends and the competition amongst them for best marks has become more extreme this year.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:24 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

My posts keep disappearing and they contain some of my best work. Just WTF is going on?
Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
My posts keep disappearing and they contain some of my best work. Just WTF is going on?
God only kno.....
Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:36 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Have the mods started to do some work here at last?
Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:42 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

That's very weird. What's happening to them, and where are they disappearing from?
Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:50 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
That's very weird. What's happening to them, and where are they disappearing from?
WGAF
Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:53 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa View Post
That's pretty crap... I know my 11 year old would be pretty upset. She has a couple of good friends and the competition amongst them for best marks has become more extreme this year.
Thanks.

I can just imagine what happened when Michele's mother went to get his report and the teacher must have realised "hang on a minute, I haven't got Michele's, but how come I still have C's here when her mother left at least at half an hour ago .... oh shit !"

So we have Michele's report and he has nothing. We know all his marks but don't know our daughter's.

There isn't a lot of competition in C's class about marks as most of the lads don't really care (or pretend not to), but it didn't make C feel much better when I handed the phone to her so the teacher could apologise and the teacher did apologise but then said "don't worry about your report - and you shouldn't compare yourself to others anyway but work to your own best and maximum."

I can imagine that my daughter felt like saying "**** off with your pyschology, you made me cry."
Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:53 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

WGAF

First you say WTF and then you say YDGAF.

Wanker.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

WGAF
well, you appear to be concerned, but otherwise...
Old Feb 14th 2013, 8:06 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

WGAF
Wait, was it the one about the kiddy fiddler and the Pope?
Old Feb 14th 2013, 8:09 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, was it the one about the kiddy fiddler and the Pope?
Or, to put it another way, the one about two kiddie fiddlers ...
Old Feb 14th 2013, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Or, to put it another way, the one about two kiddie fiddlers ...
That was the one I was thinking of, yeah. Although I think the gist of it was there were already enough. I better not say too much, or my post might disappear as well.
I thought it was pretty funny though.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 8:14 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

That was the one I was thinking of, yeah. Although I think the gist of it was there were already enough. I better not say too much, or my post might disappear as well.
I thought it was pretty funny though.
Anything involving taking the piss out of religious figures is funny in my book
Old Feb 14th 2013, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Anything involving taking the piss out of religious figures is funny in my book
How could it be otherwise?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.