Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Mar 29th 2017, 2:42 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Bahtatgirl's birthday dinner was arranged at a really good Italian restaurant, next week when I'm home. One of the sprogs now needs to go out later that evening, so an earlier table is necessary; I was informed about the change by Bahtatgirl, over the phone from UK. I wasn't fussed about changing, especially as she said that it's now been changed to a really good pie restaurant. Great!

Turns out a bad phone line and my ears meant I heard "pie" instead of "Thai"
Old Mar 29th 2017, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Then she should block his email address and get the lawyer to tell him to stop harassing her or she'll notify the Dutch police
Exactly what I told her to do this morning Dorothy!
Old Mar 29th 2017, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Daughter's friend works in a supermarket, saw a guy walk out with a basket of groceries and followed him out of the doors into the shopping centre to challenge him. She asked him if he had a receipt for the goods, his reply? Pull a knife out of his pocket, point it at her and tell her that that's his receipt. Strong kid but wtf is the matter with people?
Brave Girl... WTF is wrong with people.?

.. ANGER! Deep boiling anger that you can roll right back to the beginning of the financial crisis where people were made to understand that there was one law for them and another for those in power

They had to watch whilst the governments took money from them to pay the Banks that had swindled and lied and cheated them,to get them out of the hole they had created for themselves. Then watch helplessly again whilst they did it again and take their homes at the same time.
..Then again, whilst none of these crooks were put on trial ,let alone sent to prison.

If we think that people have forgotten this lesson we are sadly mistaken. It's gone viral around the world.Thats why we have this appalling result today in Trump and Brexit etc etc.
People don't want to care anymore,they want to punish.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

There was a lot of noise recently on a local app about a rise in crime in our city. Some even mentioning speaking at the local council meeting last night. Guess what, me and one other guy spoke about the crime rise and some very local solutions, and there must be at least 100 or more people involved with the app. I can understand some people might still be at work or having to look after kids, but come on, if you are so concerned, speak up.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 10:58 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto View Post
There was a lot of noise recently on a local app about a rise in crime in our city. Some even mentioning speaking at the local council meeting last night. Guess what, me and one other guy spoke about the crime rise and some very local solutions, and there must be at least 100 or more people involved with the app. I can understand some people might still be at work or having to look after kids, but come on, if you are so concerned, speak up.
I could have written this. I'm on a community Facebook page and the number of people moaning about the rise in crime! So I organised to start a Neighbourhood Watch program. The first meeting is tonight. Of the over 1000 members of the page only 15 have committed to coming. It makes me want to just tell them to not bother and live with the crime if they can't be bothered.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 12:51 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Great Barrier Reef: Two-thirds damaged in 'unprecedented' bleaching - BBC News

People bickering over who gets to live and work on which side of which political border while in the meantime devastating climate change is happening in plain sight.

The Great Barrier Reef is probably going to die in its entirety.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 1:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Great Barrier Reef: Two-thirds damaged in 'unprecedented' bleaching - BBC News

People bickering over who gets to live and work on which side of which political border while in the meantime devastating climate change is happening in plain sight.

The Great Barrier Reef is probably going to die in its entirety.
Not just CC, you can also thank, in part, the Queensland Premier who thinks giving a vile corrupt coal mine owner a billion dollars to do with as he wishes whilst destroying a huge chunk of the country as well as the GBR. It's horrendous. Why our illustrious leaders are happy to see it die is beyond me.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 1:53 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Not just CC, you can also thank, in part, the Queensland Premier who thinks giving a vile corrupt coal mine owner a billion dollars to do with as he wishes whilst destroying a huge chunk of the country as well as the GBR. It's horrendous. Why our illustrious leaders are happy to see it die is beyond me.
Because they are greedy, and so short-sighted that they just don't care about anything other than their own present-day wealth?
Old Apr 10th 2017, 1:55 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Because they are greedy, and so short-sighted that they just don't care about anything other than their own present-day wealth?
Well there is that....
Old Apr 10th 2017, 1:57 pm

What it ought/used to look like.

What 2/3rds of it look like now.

Old Apr 10th 2017, 2:03 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

I'll give you a billion dollars and some bad stuff may or may not happen to the Great Barrier Reef to an extent that may or may not be really bad.

I'm not a cold heartless bastard every second of every day but I do know what my answer would be and I'd take my private jet instead of my superyacht to the Caribbean.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I'll give you a billion dollars and some bad stuff may or may not happen to the Great Barrier Reef to an extent that may or may not be really bad.

I'm not a cold heartless bastard every second of every day but I do know what my answer would be and I'd take my private jet instead of my superyacht to the Caribbean.
You are also now qualified to the the President of the United States.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 2:08 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

You are also now qualified to the the President of the United States.
I was merely making a point, but I accept your offer. Thank you.

Mr PresiScamp
POTUS
Old Apr 10th 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I was merely making a point, but I accept your offer. Thank you.

Mr PresiScamp
POTUS
What could possibly go wrong?
Old Apr 10th 2017, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Hire car companies.....

Rented some shitty Ford Focus for a week in the UK. Was through a online search engine / broker that I often use (although I haven't used this shower of ***** before). Returned the car full, on time and in good order. Then they find some minor and I mean minor scratch on the rear 1/4 panel and a tiny scuff on one of the alloys. Neither were on the sign out sheet, however, the car wasn't very well washed when I picked it up so it would have been near on impossible to tell.

Argued with them that the scratch on the 1/4 was so minor it didn't count, which they agreed. They then went on about the wheel. Now I know I hadn't curbed that wheel, it was the drivers side not the passenger / pavement side, I.e. the most likely one to be curbed.

In the end they said, OK its only tiny and there are other marks on the alloys that were already there and marked on the sheet so no worries.

2 days later and now back in Dubai my credit card gets dinged for 55 quid.....

Shitty email sent!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.