Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Mar 24th 2017, 9:07 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Don't..Just DON'T give her another second of your time Bevs. These people drive me mad too. Hard to believe ,(but like bus's ) Two came along for me this christmas.
One..after several attempts to put me in my place before ,decided, after I had made christmas plans that included her and her OH (why? I must be mad) at the very last moment that MY plans didn't suit her, and proceeded to completely change them.Which would have meant my cancelling a reservation at a favourite restaurant.amongst other things. I responded by telling her to do what she wanted .We were doing what we had planned. End of friendship

The second woman decided to take umbrage at an email I had sent her about a club we belonged to. I asked her to explain why she was angry at what had seemed a normal inquiry by me. (I had apologised not knowing why i had too) She accepted the apology but refused to explain.End of friendship

Life is too short to deal with these 'Prima Donna's' and their control issue's .You sound like a good person.One of life's 'doers' She is not.. end of.
Totally agree with you. Some people are just not worth the work that you have to put in because they are part of your life. When things eventually blow up you are left with the emotional effects and you then either shut up and put up with more rubbish (because they cannot change) or regretfully walk away and leave them to their own devices.

Rosemary
Old Mar 28th 2017, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

I am fuming on behalf of a very close American friend of mine. She has just been through 7yrs of total hell with an OH suffering from Alzheimers. He died last month.

He was Dutch and married before .He became an American citizen over 10 yrs ago and left everything in an AMERICAN trust including a paragraph that covered 'funeral expenses'. Unfortunately one of the trustee's was his brother. He blithely went ahead and posted notices of death etc in three Dutch newspapers without informing her. The bill for same came to a staggering 1.950 euros'. He demanded payment two weeks after the funeral . He also criticised her for arranging a cremation in the USA. saying it had devastated the Dutch relatives..

Those same relatives who neither visited nor spoke to him after his re-marriage.
she has had three demands so far ,in ever more aggressive emails. Bullying is known Dutch trait
Any wonder I hate the Bustards..(Dutch) They did the same to me after my YD's almost fatal accident....
Old Mar 28th 2017, 10:39 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I am fuming on behalf of a very close American friend of mine. She has just been through 7yrs of total hell with an OH suffering from Alzheimers. He died last month.

He was Dutch and married before .He became an American citizen over 10 yrs ago and left everything in an AMERICAN trust including a paragraph that covered 'funeral expenses'. Unfortunately one of the trustee's was his brother. He blithely went ahead and posted notices of death etc in three Dutch newspapers without informing her. The bill for same came to a staggering 1.950 euros'. He demanded payment two weeks after the funeral . He also criticised her for arranging a cremation in the USA. saying it had devastated the Dutch relatives..

Those same relatives who neither visited nor spoke to him after his re-marriage.
she has had three demands so far ,in ever more aggressive emails. Bullying is known Dutch trait
Any wonder I hate the Bustards..(Dutch) They did the same to me after my YD's almost fatal accident....
Why doesn't your friend simply tell him to go forth?
Old Mar 28th 2017, 3:55 pm

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Who are the other 2 trustees? Does the trust require all 3 signatories to release funds?
Old Mar 29th 2017, 1:37 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Bullying is known Dutch trait
While I sympathize with your friend, this part of your post pissed me off!

A blanket statement berating a whole nationality with the same trait is totally ridiculous.

It's like saying all Brits are stuck up snobs or all Germans are arrogant all French are cowards.

Generalizations , my pet peeve!
Old Mar 29th 2017, 3:06 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post

A blanket statement berating a whole nationality with the same trait is totally ridiculous.

It's like saying all Brits are stuck up snobs or all Germans are arrogant all French are cowards.
Or all Canadians are nice.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 4:08 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Or all Canadians are nice.
That could be the exception to the rule
Old Mar 29th 2017, 7:55 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody seagulls, they fly around here and crap over our windows, the windows don't stay clean for more than 24 hours.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 11:07 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Nestle, changing the formulation of Kit Kat to make it 'healthier' they say it won't affect the taste, others say it does.

Keep your hands off our childhood, and current, memories, bastards.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Why doesn't your friend simply tell him to go forth?

She has explained it over and over..but he is bombarding her with emails demanding the money. She has to remain in touch because her deceased OH's children will eventually inherit the principle of the money left in trust to my friend during her life time.

As a avery recent widow it's hard to argue right now

Last edited by GeniB; Mar 29th 2017 at 12:21 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
Who are the other 2 trustees? Does the trust require all 3 signatories to release funds?
As i understand it she is the sole trustee . It is an American construction not used in the Netherlands. Her lawyers handle it for her.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
While I sympathize with your friend, this part of your post pissed me off!

Generalizations , my pet peeve!

Sorry you took umbrage Sugarmooma But it was a personal ,emotional statement born of years of experience of the people of that country. I am not talking about the odd incident here either. They caused me and my family huge emotional and financial distress. showing zero empathy and a brutal tenacity to get their 'pound of flesh.' I have never come across another nation like them believe me I tried very hard over 30+ yrs to find the good. There were some,but few and far between

When you have some similar experience.. get back to me!
Old Mar 29th 2017, 12:32 pm
Newlywed

She has explained it over and over..but he is bombarding her with emails demanding the money. She has to remain in touch because her deceased OH's children will eventually inherit the principle of the money left in trust to my friend during her life time.

As a avery recent widow it's hard to argue right now
As i understand it she is the sole trustee . It is an American construction not used in the Netherlands. Her lawyers handle it for her.
Then she should block his email address and get the lawyer to tell him to stop harassing her or she'll notify the Dutch police
Old Mar 29th 2017, 2:22 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Bloody seagulls, they fly around here and crap over our windows, the windows don't stay clean for more than 24 hours.
Nice to see the gulls are still arseholes at the British seaside.

We get herring gulls here, and we're about 800 miles from the sea

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Nestle, changing the formulation of Kit Kat to make it 'healthier' they say it won't affect the taste, others say it does.

Keep your hands off our childhood, and current, memories, bastards.
I never get the point in that. I understand the need to eat healthy food, but if you want to make a Kit Kat healthy, turn it into an apple. We know chocolate bars are unhealthy, but the trick is to not eat six of them a day.

Calories are calories, if you put out more than you take in you'll lose weight, if you take in more than you put out you gain weight. You could conceivably eat nothing but Kit Kats and maintain a healthy BMI, but you'll hit your calorie limit much quicker than if you ate nothing but fruit and vegetables. You'll just have no muscle mass at all and be all fat, but your weight will still be where it needs to be

TL;DR - Leave Kit Kats alone, we know they're bad for us but they go so nicely with a cup of tea.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 2:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Daughter's friend works in a supermarket, saw a guy walk out with a basket of groceries and followed him out of the doors into the shopping centre to challenge him. She asked him if he had a receipt for the goods, his reply? Pull a knife out of his pocket, point it at her and tell her that that's his receipt. Strong kid but wtf is the matter with people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.