Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Jul 26th 2021, 6:36 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
And its likely the average user of said service are lower income, as they say, it's expensive to be low income.

Kind of surprised they went electronic at yours, but then BC is a money laundering haven, and I am sure at least a couple of the laundromats are laundering money through them.

Also sucks for us as we would double pay if using a laundromat since we pay $15 month for laundry as part of our rent, so going to a laundromat means paying for laundry 2 times in a way.

I am just not sure why there is only 1 washer and 1 dryer for so many units which is clearly not enough. We tried at 10:10 this morning and someone had already gotten to it. It's open 10-6, last load in if you want to dry is 4pm, so realistically with drying about 6 loads a day possible, and some people do 3-4 loads at a time.

The laundry room is at the very end of building, and could be open 24/7 they say its not as to not disturb the neighboring unit (the laundry room borders just 1 apartment) we are the neighboring unit, and we cannot hear the laundry machines in our unit at all, we even suggested since we are the only unit that could be possibly affected, that we have no issue with the laundry room being open 24/7, but I couldn't convince them, but then government isn't one to budge on rules.
It is indeed expensive to be poor, and let's not forget that's by design.

Anyway, that laundromat has been electronic since at least 2005/6 which was when we started using it (previously we used my sister in law's apartment but she moved out of that one ). That was one of their marketing points, a coin free service so I guess there was a demand. It's a decent enough place, just gets pricey.

One washer and dryer for 10 units is insane, especially if not open 24h. It's sometimes not enough for 1 unit. Should be at least 5 of each, ideally one per unit.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 7:04 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
One washer and dryer for 10 units is insane, especially if not open 24h. It's sometimes not enough for 1 unit. Should be at least 5 of each, ideally one per unit.
The apartment building I lived in had 1 washer and 1 dryer (coin operated) for the whole building, maybe 30 units, but it was open 24 hrs, and it was adequate. You couldn't always do laundry exactly when you wanted to, but it always got done.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 8:07 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
The apartment building I lived in had 1 washer and 1 dryer (coin operated) for the whole building, maybe 30 units, but it was open 24 hrs, and it was adequate. You couldn't always do laundry exactly when you wanted to, but it always got done.
The big difference there was it was open 24hrs so you can do yours later when it's quiet.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 8:20 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
The big difference there was it was open 24hrs so you can do yours later when it's quiet.
Having to hike down into the basement from the 2nd floor to see if it was available, and the requisite carrying up and down was a bit of a pain.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 8:24 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Having to hike down into the basement from the 2nd floor to see if it was available, and the requisite carrying up and down was a bit of a pain.
That would be. It's enough of a pain going into my basement to get to mine, and I always know it'll be free.
Old Jul 27th 2021, 1:21 am
If I only had a brain

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

My apartment in Milwaukee had the most washer and dryers I ever saw anywhere, about 30 of each for 80 units and open 24 hours a day.

My place in Chilliwack wasn't too bad either, 5 of each per floor for 15 units on each floor, was open 6am to 11pm which was okay for that building.

It can become problematic if your like me and don't have a lot of clothes, so I was looking rather hobo like most of the week.

After 4 days or 5 days of trying we finally got in after the early bird did their wash.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 11:56 pm
If I only had a brain

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

The flipping heat is on again, and oh man is it hot inside.

They claim there is nothing they can do, they say they are old, and well it's the government, and the people in charge of subsidized housing don't care, unlike a normal landlord government makes the rules, enforces them, but doesn't have to follow them.

I wish we could afford a normal apartment that is functioning as it should.
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 2:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Humans being argumentative, uncaring arseholes for no apparent reason other than they can. How hard is it to be polite?
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 4:35 am
**EX-MOD CHECKSUM**

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Humans being argumentative, uncaring arseholes for no apparent reason other than they can. How hard is it to be polite?

Couldn't agree more! Self opinionated impolite peope with zero understanding, compassion or common sense do my head in too!
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 12:51 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post

Couldn't agree more! Self opinionated impolite peope with zero understanding, compassion or common sense do my head in too!

This.

Also people allowing themselves to be turned into this sort of person, who abuses migrants and RNLI rescuers coming out of the water, because Farage says so.

"It is easy to laugh at Nigel Farage – and so we really should – but this story isn’t actually all that funny. For we now find ourselves in the summer of 2021 in a situation where RNLI volunteers are being abused on England’s coast for rescuing some of the most vulnerable people on the planet. Is this really the point we have reached? And is it, honestly, where we want to be? There is, undoubtedly, a serious conversation to be had about the number of migrants crossing the Channel – but that is a conversation to be had with our politicians. The RNLI is doing its job; it should not be politicised or vilified for that. It is staggering that this even has to be said. Nigel Farage has made it his project to shift the focus onto the RNLI, and now he quibbles and claims it is all a big PR game when his followers abuse its volunteers. It reeks."

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-b1892769.html

Surely we can do better than this?
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 10:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I ignore irrelevant arseholes.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 2nd 2021 at 10:15 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 10:54 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post

{looks around nervously for signs of not being ignored}
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 10:57 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

This is my chance!

*runs off to post … things*
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
This is my chance!

*runs off to post … things*

Is it cake? I'll send you my address.
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 1:03 am
**EX-MOD CHECKSUM**

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

That's me told then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.