Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Feb 21st 2021, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

tumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
She is still doing that along with spraying lysol onto the masks themselves, her behavior is questionably abnormal much of the time. She also loves Trump, thankfully she has simmered down now that he is out of office. I personally don't talk to her unless we happen to visit which isn't common, if she calls and my wife isn't home, I never answer. I keep my distance for my own sanity, but I can't make wife cut ties, I can just offer advice and support, but I do keep MIL at an arms length from me.

I would say in the last 12-24 months her behavior has become a little more abnormal, memory issues for sure, she calls randomly asking how to for example use the remote control, one she has had for year, or calls asking how to use the phone, the one she is using to call to ask, she put something into the microwave last week and I have no idea how long she put the microwave on for, but managed to start start a small fire inside with microwaving some sort of bean bag.

She will be 75 this year, about 13 years older than my parents. She is going blind slowly, so eventually the son will need to put her into a care home, but hey she gave him her house free and clear and he sold for 2 million so he should have more than enough money to care for her needs, but chances are he will shove her into a government home, because he wants nothing to do with, doesn't call, wont visit her, but hey he got 2 million from selling the property he got free so living the good life on a small island off the BC coast.
It sounds like dementia or Alzimers with your MIL. I believe there is more help for families of someone who suffers from that than just ordinary m. health issues? Best wishes.

Wow! about your inlaws. Sometimes you just gotta shake your head.

Families. What are they?
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 8:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd so much rather just have a regular hourly part time job.
Yeah you and xx million others. I'd love to be paid for my work but it's never going to happen so I pull my big girl pants up and keep working which includes being polite to morons who think they are entitled to a cat just because they want one.

Anyway that particular lady pissed me off today.
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 12:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Yeah you and xx million others. I'd love to be paid for my work but it's never going to happen so I pull my big girl pants up and keep working which includes being polite to morons who think they are entitled to a cat just because they want one.

Anyway that particular lady pissed me off today.

Unpaid work wont pay the rent, nor will $10 delivery orders that are sporadic in nature. Without income its hard to keep basics like housing and food, our income dropped $600 a month effective this month so yeah its a little frustrating that I cannot find a job, bad timing on my part for this pandemic, had it just occurred a few months later, I would have been eligible for unemployment, but because I never started the job I was offered last February because COVID, I wasn't eligible.

So year its a little frustrating at times especially when I cannot even get a modicum of support in the healthcare system for my mental health needs and quickly collapsing under the weight of it all.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

These gig companies they really are shady companies.

Had an order today, spent time collecting it, drove to deliver it apartment building. No buzzer code given no apartment number given, message customer no answer, call customer 2 times no answer, contact the outsourced to some far off land chat people, they try calling and no answer, they cancel the order tell me to return things to the store so I go do that.

Turns out now if an order is cancelled after check out they ban you from the platform for 24 hours, so now banned until tomorrow even though the issue is 100% not my fault and I 100% did everything I could have done to contact the customer to get the buzzer code and apartment number.

I am so sick of the BS of these gig jobs and the little games they play, they get away with it because hey your not an employee.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 9:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Had an order today, spent time collecting it, drove to deliver it apartment building. No buzzer code given no apartment number given, message customer no answer, call customer 2 times no answer, contact the outsourced to some far off land chat people, they try calling and no answer, they cancel the order tell me to return things to the store so I go do that.

Turns out now if an order is cancelled after check out they ban you from the platform for 24 hours, so now banned until tomorrow even though the issue is 100% not my fault and I 100% did everything I could have done to contact the customer to get the buzzer code and apartment number.

I am so sick of the BS of these gig jobs and the little games they play, they get away with it because hey your not an employee.
Bloody hell J I would be furious too. Why ban the delivery person when it’s the customer’s fault? The customer could just be doing it purposely to get some weird kick out of it.

Do you get any sort of payment at all for deliveries such as this?
Old Feb 28th 2021, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Bloody hell J I would be furious too. Why ban the delivery person when it’s the customer’s fault? The customer could just be doing it purposely to get some weird kick out of it.

Do you get any sort of payment at all for deliveries such as this?
They gave me $10 for the inconvenience.

Old Feb 28th 2021, 9:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

They gave me $10 for the inconvenience.
That’s not right. If you have followed the correct procedure, you should get the correct pay IMO.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
That’s not right. If you have followed the correct procedure, you should get the correct pay IMO.
I agree with you. I did nothing wrong, and if anything spent too much time trying to get these guys order to him.

I messaged him via the app
I called 2 times via the app (can only call through the app as your using personal phone*)
Contacted support, they tried contacting the customer without any success.

But yet I am penalized makes no logical sense, but half the things these gig companies do makes no logical sense.

Uber or Lyft seem better ways to make some money vs shopping or food delivery apps, but eh are car ages out in September so its not worth the time and money to get a commercial class 4 just to drive for 1 or 2 months.

But if we had a younger car, I think Uber would be interesting way to make a few bucks.

During the Texas storms and power issues, IC was taking orders still for stores that were closed, shoppers were showing up to closed store, and having to cancel then being suspended for 24 hours for cancelling, 100% the fault of IC but they penalize the shopper for the companies mistake.

Last edited by Jsmth321; Feb 28th 2021 at 9:56 pm.
Old Yesterday, 3:20 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Rent guarantee insurance gone up by 230 pounds, apparantly due to the number of claims for non-payment due to covid 19.
Old Yesterday, 4:25 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong and exploitative.

Old Yesterday, 4:26 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Rent guarantee insurance gone up by 230 pounds, apparantly due to the number of claims for non-payment due to covid 19.
So even though they are not your claims, you still get to pay.

Insurance is a racket. It may be a needed racket, but it's a racket nonetheless.
Old Yesterday, 4:43 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Spammers piss me off
Old Yesterday, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This is an interesting form of insurance.

Old Yesterday, 4:58 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
So even though they are not your claims, you still get to pay.

Insurance is a racket. It may be a needed racket, but it's a racket nonetheless.
I wouldn't have minded if the increase was a bit more reasonable, but it was an almost 100% increase. Whinge whinge whinge
Old Yesterday, 5:05 pm

I wouldn't have minded if the increase was a bit more reasonable, but it was an almost 100% increase. Whinge whinge whinge

I don't suppose the Co-op does that sort of insurance, does it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.