Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Apr 9th 2020, 7:15 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
People who go out and take pictures of others who are out then post online complaining about people being out.

News flash, if your out taking pictures your part of the problem.
What about those of us who have to be out to go to work taking pictures of offenders? Are we part of the problem?
Old Apr 9th 2020, 9:16 am
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
I was just out trying to take photos of emptiness, and people kept popping in to view. I never knew so many people had dogs.
Nowadays ''Dog for rent'' is a very lucrative business !
I know
Old Apr 9th 2020, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
I know
Funny you should say that Annetje.Our neighbour uncle barry told us the other day on his dog walking route in the valley he has never seen so many strange people without a dog and dog walkers even parked cars.We are in a very quiet part of the countryside with only two policemen.I can only assume these people think the rules do not apply to them
Old Apr 9th 2020, 9:27 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I know
Someone's being a clever businessperson

If we move to only being allowed out to walk a dog I might have to borrow one. My sister has lots, she'd better give me mates rates
Old Apr 9th 2020, 9:34 am
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Someone's being a clever businessperson

If we move to only being allowed out to walk a dog I might have to borrow one. My sister has lots, she'd better give me mates rates

(We need a ''thank you'' smiley)
Old Apr 9th 2020, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

tumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond repute

This is a true story. The people living in the apartment above ours rented a dog. Trouble is they can't get it to walk with them. It lies down on the ground immediately once its outside, looks extremely worried and it won't go.

So they carry it in their arms wherever they go. Its a grey and white pit bull stratford terrier type, very cute dog.

These two and the dog go out at all hours of the day and night and stay out for several hours.

I was tempted to phone the police. I imagine though that they are getting their just deserts without any interference, if not now they will in a short time.

Old Apr 9th 2020, 10:30 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Husband was out on our roof cleaning the flue which, apart from giving hi quiet moments away from his wife, afforded him a first rate view of a good part of the village main road. He saw 1 caravan and 1 campervan trundling in.
Holiday areas in the UK are telling people NOT to come for Easter, particularly Cornwall as there are not that many hospitals, and, camping and caravaning sites are all closed, as are most of the B&Bs
Old Apr 9th 2020, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

tumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Holiday areas in the UK are telling people NOT to come for Easter, particularly Cornwall as there are not that many hospitals, and, camping and caravaning sites are all closed, as are most of the B&Bs
Its happening here in France as well. No holidays for easter was the protocal on April 1. Seems to have had little effect on what french people are doing. We live near the coast, but it isn't a tourist town and yet people are coming and going. Plenty of large city people have moved in this week. Tons more car traffic this week than we've seen in the first three weeks of the lockdown.

There's stupid people all over the world.

Last edited by tumbleweedly; Apr 9th 2020 at 11:09 am. Reason: typos
Old Apr 9th 2020, 12:30 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

I know
I had a card through my door today offering to walk my dog for free....... I thought they were really keen if they were going to walk the best part of 2000Km to get her!!
Old Apr 9th 2020, 12:35 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Portugal has imposed a ban on travelling outside your council area over Easter.
I'm sure the GNR will be kept busy stopping Lisboetas from driving to the Algarve or the Atlantic coast.......
Old Apr 9th 2020, 12:43 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Portugal has imposed a ban on travelling outside your council area over Easter.
I'm sure the GNR will be kept busy stopping Lisboetas from driving to the Algarve or the Atlantic coast.......
I've learned to never underestimate the stupidity of humans.

A sunny Easter weekend, how busy is the New Forest going to be? Bournemouth Beach (if it's open?), Southsea Common (again, if open), big parks like the Common in Southampton etc.

That's just in driving distance from Southampton. Let alone going to the South West or London Parks or those huge, open Northern parks and areas.

Daily Mail and Piers Morgan might explode come Tuesday morning paper time.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post

A sunny Easter weekend, how busy is the New Forest going to be? Bournemouth Beach (if it's open?), Southsea Common (again, if open), big parks like the Common in Southampton etc.

That's just in driving distance from Southampton. Let alone going to the South West or London Parks or those huge, open Northern parks and areas.

Hi.in spain you would be fined for doing that, you are breaking the law,The police also take a photo of your car number plate and give you another verbal warning on what to expect if you are stopped next time.I think in the UK this is not the law and if it's hot and sunny they will be out and about especially the new forest unless the police are on the M27 waiting
Old Apr 9th 2020, 1:22 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Don't need to wait for the weekend....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-52221688

Although I would pay good money to see Piers Morgan explode.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 1:25 pm
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Although I would pay good money to see Piers Morgan explode.
Please, please.......
Old Apr 9th 2020, 1:27 pm
Resident Cynic

I'm not going out to see how busy the A12 gets, let alone the coast road. However, as most of the second-homers are already here, it might not be so bad this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.