Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Mar 30th 2020, 12:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Pretty sure that's just a glitch in the system. Happened to me a fair bit in pre pandemic world a lot. Just way more annoying now when you have no other choice.
Happened to me too...several times. Happened last Sunday night and again early Monday morning....then I tried a short while later and the first slot was Friday onwards. There was also another slot available...delivery within 2/3 hours. I took that and 2 hours later the food was on my doorstep.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Happened to me too...several times. Happened last Sunday night and again early Monday morning....then I tried a short while later and the first slot was Friday onwards. There was also another slot available...delivery within 2/3 hours. I took that and 2 hours later the food was on my doorstep.
Maybe you more stores per capita back that way.

I have been checking super store's website for a week now to try and get a slot even in the future, and check several locations and never get one. Even their instacart delivery option is always unable to offer delivery option.

We did get a delivery slot with Save On but anytime we tried in the 90 minutes we had it, their website declined the card, nothing wrong with the card, even double checked with the bank too, nothing on their end that is stopping it, billing address and postal code all correct, so I assume the system can't handle the demand and times out before it can complete.

Probably doesn't help that most grocery stores don't do delivery yet, Save On does at most stores, Super Store uses instacart as does Shopper's, No Frills none of the stores near me offer online ordering, and that is pretty much it grocery wise for us.

Maybe one day I will get lucky with groceries...ha ha
Old Mar 31st 2020, 4:50 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

The Swiss authorities, big time.

<rant> I'm due a Swiss state pension in four months time, the Brit one is due next year. The Belgians informed me that my local Town hall would assist. The original meeting was last October, the result of that got pumped up to Brussels, Brussels contacted Switzerland...

Brussels subsequently came back with a 14 page questionnaire, so I made another appointment at the Town hall for help getting that straight, the lovely people at the Town hall scanned and emailed the lot to Brussels, citing 'fast path' and giving a wink.

This afternoon a letter from the Swiss; before proceeding, they want amongst other things, copies of a whole bunch of what they deem to be relevant UK certificates including marriage, birth, divorce and death certificates. Notwithstanding a slew of Swiss stuff, obviously.

All the UK certificates being asked for relate to stuff that happened over 30 years ago... some of which are a bit painful to revisit.</rant>

Anyone have a cheat-sheet for dealing with GOV.UK General Records Office?

I don't think that they cover divorces, I know where to go for that, always assuming that they in turn weren't demolished with a view to building LHR runway III.

Last edited by BuckinghamshireBoy; Mar 31st 2020 at 5:04 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 5:10 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
The Swiss authorities, big time.

<rant> I'm due a Swiss state pension in four months time, the Brit one is due next year. The Belgians informed me that my local Town hall would assist. The original meeting was last October, the result of that got pumped up to Brussels, Brussels contacted Switzerland...

Brussels subsequently came back with a 14 page questionnaire, so I made another appointment at the Town hall for help getting that straight, the lovely people at the Town hall scanned and emailed the lot to Brussels, citing 'fast path' and giving a wink.

This afternoon a letter from the Swiss; before proceeding, they want amongst other things, copies of a whole bunch of what they deem to be relevant UK certificates including marriage, birth, divorce and death certificates. Notwithstanding a slew of Swiss stuff, obviously.

All the UK certificates being asked for relate to stuff that happened over 30 years ago... some of which are a bit painful to revisit.</rant>

I don't think that they cover divorces, I know where to go for that, always assuming that they in turn weren't demolished with a view to building LHR runway III.

You just can't trust the inventors of the cuckoo clock. I've always said that.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 5:14 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
You just can't trust the inventors of the cuckoo clock. I've always said that.
Too bloody right.

In other news, OH trashed my Skype login details this afternoon...
Old Mar 31st 2020, 5:32 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Lots, but mostly learning that a good friend is in ICU with COVID-19.

Not a good day
Old Mar 31st 2020, 5:38 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Lots, but mostly learning that a good friend is in ICU with COVID-19.

Not a good day
Sorry to hear that. I hope he pulls through.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 5:41 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Sorry to hear that. I hope he pulls through.
Thanks. Brings it home to roost even more...
Old Mar 31st 2020, 5:57 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to happen to us all at some point, most people are probably going to know someone who gets it. But whatever we can do to help each other take our minds off it is invaluable.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 6:04 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Data Protection Act request from DWP might help. Not sure exactly what is held on the NI account these days, but it might have dates and names with a V for verified or NV for not.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-...k-and-pensions
Old Mar 31st 2020, 6:05 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Too bloody right.

In other news, OH trashed my Skype login details this afternoon...
Grounds for divorce, surely.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 6:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

it sure does, I hope he will pull through.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 6:17 pm
BEfuddled

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Data Protection Act request from DWP might help. Not sure exactly what is held on the NI account these days, but it might have dates and names with a V for verified or NV for not.

My gripe is not with the Uk, that's all cool, regular communication. I'm fully square with gov.uk. I'm even on their research email list...

It's with the Swiss unreasonable (to my mind) demands for 30 year old certificates that serve purpose.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Grounds for divorce, surely.
Secondary in this case. The Webcam Abuse (Vlaanderen, 2020) regulations would likely take precedence.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 6:58 pm
BEfuddled

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

My gripe is not with the Uk, that's all cool, regular communication. I'm fully square with gov.uk. I'm even on their research email list...
Having dug a bit deeper, there's stuff within that link that may well come in useful down the line.

Thank you.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 7:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

My gripe is not with the Uk, ...It's with the Swiss
I know...it sounds like the Belgians are aware of that too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.