Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Mar 28th 2020, 10:49 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
While we are discussing birthdays...it was mine yesterday. No kisses, hugs, cards, pressies. My daughter shouted happy birthday from across the road. Granddaughter is with her dad. I have decided that as I had a non birthday this year, I will not be another year older. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that.
Good thinking Batman! Many happy non-returns for yesterday.....
Old Mar 28th 2020, 10:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Well happy birthday for yesterday or is it the day before for me?
Happy Birthday backatcha
Old Mar 28th 2020, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond repute

I went to the shop, had to collect a package, and get groceries, and a prescription.

Was appalled at the amount of retirement age folk just nipping out for a newspaper and a pint of milk. Easily 90%

We are on lockdown in the UK, only essential trips out and one form of exercise per day, people are not even supposed to drive out to a field to walk their dog and only do it locally.

And shopping for essential supplies only.

I thought I was pushing it a little however I wanted to get my wife's inhaler just in case.

I wish people would take this seriously
Old Mar 28th 2020, 1:01 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
It's 28th March in the UK now so it is my son's birthday. He is in the UK and we are in Texas. He was supposed to be here but he is not because we all decided we didn't want to be part of unnecessary risks with Corona and he also didn't want to spend most of his vacation quarantined.
I know it's selfish but I so want my family all together. He is not a kid, he is now 41 years old but he is my kid. I know tomorrow morning we will all skype, sing Happy Birthday and laugh and joke and I really really am grateful for that but tonight I'm having a pity party.
It's been a crap week and I have tried to be supportive with my nephew and niece in law and their heartbreaking news. I miss seeing my daughter and grandbabies and I cry after we Skype. I am a mess.

So many people have so many more problems right now and mine are mostly fixable so tomorrow I will put on a smiley face, destroy more black hairy caterpillars and do what I do best, annoy M!

Seriously, I am taking responsibility for this whole mess because I retired and had a whole years worth of traveling planned. That told me, didn't it!

I know where you're coming from. I was supposed to collect my son from the airport today on his Easter break coming in from the UK. Not happening of course and no idea when I will see him and don't at all fancy the idea of him being there without me if he does get the virus, for all I know that he's 20 and perfectly competent. I don't have any of your other horribly difficult stuff going on and I think you should have all the pity parties you want - but do try to remember that there will be better days.

KBO.
Old Mar 28th 2020, 1:05 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Know what you mean about birthdays --grandson 10th yesterday----should have been special in a good way but father (auto-immune disorder staying with his parents)----GP mother seeing patients (no masks yet)---himself and two siblings among the just seven children at his school (medic parents). His sister's 4th birthday last week her present ordered at Tesco was returned as daughter couldn't get there in time to collect it.
Yes I am crying now!!!!

One good family news---- in-laws holed up at our Indian home ---long whatsapp yesterday----60 years married---they are arguing day and night!!---he at least joking about and gave us a laugh.
It must be very worrying. I have a high-risk OH (and no, he's not high-risk because he's married to me ) and a son away (singing Brick in the Wall rather than Happy Birthday while washing his hands) - it's hard to turn the imagination off, but we have to just to get on with things.
Old Mar 28th 2020, 6:16 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of posts on Twitter today of rubbish bins overflowing with food being thrown out, food bought when they were panic buying, but no thought of when they would use it, so it's now out of date and has to be thrown out, ready meals, bread, fruit etc. Money wasted, people unable to get food because of the idiotic panic buying.
Old Mar 28th 2020, 6:19 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Lots of posts on Twitter today of rubbish bins overflowing with food being thrown out, food bought when they were panic buying, but no thought of when they would use it, so it's now out of date and has to be thrown out, ready meals, bread, fruit etc. Money wasted, people unable to get food because of the idiotic panic buying.
That was predictable - here in the UK, people who can burn water buying raw chicken..............
Old Mar 28th 2020, 7:26 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Know what you mean about birthdays --grandson 10th yesterday----should have been special in a good way but father (auto-immune disorder staying with his parents)----GP mother seeing patients (no masks yet)---himself and two siblings among the just seven children at his school (medic parents). His sister's 4th birthday last week her present ordered at Tesco was returned as daughter couldn't get there in time to collect it.
Yes I am crying now!!!!

One good family news---- in-laws holed up at our Indian home ---long whatsapp yesterday----60 years married---they are arguing day and night!!---he at least joking about and gave us a laugh.
Some things just suddenly get to you don't they!
I'm glad you made it back to the UK and i hope all your family stays safe and healthy.
Old Mar 28th 2020, 7:30 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I know where you're coming from. I was supposed to collect my son from the airport today on his Easter break coming in from the UK. Not happening of course and no idea when I will see him and don't at all fancy the idea of him being there without me if he does get the virus, for all I know that he's 20 and perfectly competent. I don't have any of your other horribly difficult stuff going on and I think you should have all the pity parties you want - but do try to remember that there will be better days.

KBO.
Sorry, I know today is a hard day for you. I hope you get to see young Lion sometime soon x
Old Mar 29th 2020, 3:20 am

While we are discussing birthdays...it was mine yesterday. No kisses, hugs, cards, pressies. My daughter shouted happy birthday from across the road. Granddaughter is with her dad. I have decided that as I had a non birthday this year, I will not be another year older. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that.

What!! Your hubby must be in serious trouble then. No kiss, hug or present He will suffer big-time for that.

Belated birthday wishes for your non-birthday
Old Mar 29th 2020, 3:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
What!! Your hubby must be in serious trouble then. No kiss, hug or present He will suffer big-time for that.

Belated birthday wishes for your non-birthday
Social distancing.

thank you.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh Jersey that sucks... It was our wedding anniversary yesterday.!! and whilst this situation is horrendous for many ,it has lead to us sharing it with (almost ) all our immediate family for the first time in more years than I care to remember. By a mistake in dates on our ED's part she is now here, stuck with us ( Me, OH and YD) for the duration ,along with our 2yrs old granddaughter. Unable to get to back to her partner on the San Juan islands ( Seattle area ) It's not all wonderful ( being woken by a screaming child at 5.30 am most mornings ... or listening to toddler tantrums several times a day ) but i am grateful to the gods of misfortune that they have given us this totally unexpected precious time together .
A very happy 'non' birthday for yesterday in any event
Old Mar 29th 2020, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

In a pandemic online ordering is almost useless, either the stores websites don't work, work partly but wont finish the transaction.

Just need to get something from petsmart and their stupid website wont work, keeps saying unable to authorize card, nothing wrong with the card, and they can clearly authorize since there is a pending charge, but no order confirmation or email.

Old Mar 29th 2020, 9:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
In a pandemic online ordering is almost useless, either the stores websites don't work, work partly but wont finish the transaction.

Just need to get something from petsmart
Nothing to do with pets but we had same day delivery for an order four days ago. I didn't actually want it that day, mind you, I wanted it later.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Nothing to do with pets but we had same day delivery for an order four days ago. I didn't actually want it that day, mind you, I wanted it later.
This is all I ever get when I try for groceries, doesn't matter what time of day I try, or how many times a day I checked, always the same. Either demand is so high the slots vanish quickly, or they possibly realized they can't handle the demand and closed online ordering and pick up.

Save On offers delivery but they wont accept our card while I did eventually get a delivery slot, their website kept declining the card, the card worked fine for netflix, amazon and the renters insurance so its not the card.

Spud is crazy expensive so not an option but even they are overwhelmed.

Even instacart has no delivery slot options at any of the stores offering that service.

Last edited by Jsmth321; Mar 29th 2020 at 10:37 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.