Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Mar 27th 2020, 7:23 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
You do understand we have to choose between food and rent this month, we cannot have both and that we will be homeless in the coming months if we don't pay rent in order to eat.
You, and a few million others, as a result of the present crisis.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 7:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry folks I’m closing this thread for now...I know you will understand why.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 10:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have re-opened the thread. Please be mindful of others when you post. We are all feeling the strains associated with COVID19...some more than others.

thanks.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 10:29 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Oh, I agree..... when i first saw processionary caterpillars in Spain, I was fascinated........ a 4-metre line of caterpillars wriggling along nose-to-tail.
They're not unattractive either, but those guard hairs are best avoided. For humans they cause itchy welts on unprotected skin, but of course, dogs go in nose-first - and the resulant swelling in their nasal tracts and respiratory system can be fatal.

They are a pain on stone pine trees (which are attractive and give pine nuts) as the "nests" are woven around the needles and are hard to remove. I try hooking them out, but the danger is that you rip them open and end up with a rain of juvenile caterpillars. Otherwise, you have to cut away the infested area..... and put up with gaps in th canopy.
Then you either burn the nests or stamp on them
https://dengarden.com/pest-control/H...erpillar-Nests

Dead wormy caterpillars now litter the ground on every side of our house. I suppose walking around all day spraying them could be classed as exercise, right?
Old Mar 27th 2020, 10:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ewwwwww...I hate creepy crawlies.
Old Mar 28th 2020, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

sid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see this thread has been reopened as I can't imagine anyone who is not pissed off, anxious, depressed, or basically losing it at this time.
Stuck at home again today, I made a switch from watching the news every 5 minutes to spending several hours taking an online instruction course in a subject I know nothing about, and felt a lot better for it.
Coursera are apparently offering free courses including mental health and wellness sessions. I am not endorsing these offerings and for all I know they could be complete bull, but to let people know these are advertised as available for free:
https://www.coursera.org/promo/wellness-free-courses
Old Mar 28th 2020, 5:04 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

It's 28th March in the UK now so it is my son's birthday. He is in the UK and we are in Texas. He was supposed to be here but he is not because we all decided we didn't want to be part of unnecessary risks with Corona and he also didn't want to spend most of his vacation quarantined.
I know it's selfish but I so want my family all together. He is not a kid, he is now 41 years old but he is my kid. I know tomorrow morning we will all skype, sing Happy Birthday and laugh and joke and I really really am grateful for that but tonight I'm having a pity party.
It's been a crap week and I have tried to be supportive with my nephew and niece in law and their heartbreaking news. I miss seeing my daughter and grandbabies and I cry after we Skype. I am a mess.

So many people have so many more problems right now and mine are mostly fixable so tomorrow I will put on a smiley face, destroy more black hairy caterpillars and do what I do best, annoy M!

Seriously, I am taking responsibility for this whole mess because I retired and had a whole years worth of traveling planned. That told me, didn't it!
Old Mar 28th 2020, 5:11 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
It's 28th March in the UK now so it is my son's birthday. He is in the UK and we are in Texas. He was supposed to be here but he is not because we all decided we didn't want to be part of unnecessary risks with Corona and he also didn't want to spend most of his vacation quarantined.
I know it's selfish but I so want my family all together. He is not a kid, he is now 41 years old but he is my kid. I know tomorrow morning we will all skype, sing Happy Birthday and laugh and joke and I really really am grateful for that but tonight I'm having a pity party.
It's been a crap week and I have tried to be supportive with my nephew and niece in law and their heartbreaking news. I miss seeing my daughter and grandbabies and I cry after we Skype. I am a mess.

So many people have so many more problems right now and mine are mostly fixable so tomorrow I will put on a smiley face, destroy more black hairy caterpillars and do what I do best, annoy M!

Seriously, I am taking responsibility for this whole mess because I retired and had a whole years worth of traveling planned. That told me, didn't it!
It's not a pity party and you're not even close to being selfish SM. Of course you want your family together and you want to see your boy on his birthday, he'll always be your boy

I do pity the black hairy caterpillars a bit though, they're in for a right hiding xx
Old Mar 28th 2020, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
It's not a pity party and you're not even close to being selfish SM. Of course you want your family together and you want to see your boy on his birthday, he'll always be your boy

I do pity the black hairy caterpillars a bit though, they're in for a right hiding xx
Oh yes. My finger on the trigger of the spray bottle and I am hitting them as they drop!
I realised I needed to wear a hat after they were getting in my hair. I put on my Vera hat. Made me feel official
Old Mar 28th 2020, 6:42 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

!
Don't do that. I'm alright in me own way
M

Originally Posted by sugarmooma with hairy caterpillars in hair
My finger on the trigger of the spray bottle and I am hitting them as they drop!
I realised I needed to wear a hat after they were getting in my hair.

Nononononononononono No. Ugh! No! I mean really. No. Gawd. My dreams tonight. Fetches a rubber glove to stretch over me barnet in case of unspeakables.

Originally Posted by Me Spouse of scouse
It's not a pity party and you're not even close to being selfish SM
100% agree. More than that.
If I have been wishing to see and speak with my old Dad (rip) then how on earth must it be for a Mum to her son. Dunno. Too big innit.

Blame me though. I retired and we had all manner of change it all around plans for 2020. That's a pair of us stuffed ..bigly. Bluddy boomers . We're responsible for everything.
Old Mar 28th 2020, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post

Blame me though. I retired and we had all manner of change it all around plans for 2020. That's a pair of us stuffed ..bigly. Bluddy boomers . We're responsible for everything.
What are we like And now I can't sleep!
Old Mar 28th 2020, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Know what you mean about birthdays --grandson 10th yesterday----should have been special in a good way but father (auto-immune disorder staying with his parents)----GP mother seeing patients (no masks yet)---himself and two siblings among the just seven children at his school (medic parents). His sister's 4th birthday last week her present ordered at Tesco was returned as daughter couldn't get there in time to collect it.
Yes I am crying now!!!!

One good family news---- in-laws holed up at our Indian home ---long whatsapp yesterday----60 years married---they are arguing day and night!!---he at least joking about and gave us a laugh.
Old Mar 28th 2020, 11:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

While we are discussing birthdays...it was mine yesterday. No kisses, hugs, cards, pressies. My daughter shouted happy birthday from across the road. Granddaughter is with her dad. I have decided that as I had a non birthday this year, I will not be another year older. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that.

Old Mar 28th 2020, 11:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
While we are discussing birthdays...it was mine yesterday. No kisses, hugs, cards, pressies. My daughter shouted happy birthday from across the road. Granddaughter is with her dad. I have decided that as I had a non birthday this year, I will not be another year older. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that.
Well happy birthday for yesterday or is it the day before for me?
Old Mar 28th 2020, 11:47 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

I fear many such dates will come and go before we "get back to normal".
Being separated from our loved ones just makes everything worse - but as has been discussed, we are so much better off now than we were just a few years back.

My sister's kids are older than your son, but i'm still concerned for them, my nieces and nephew by marriage are younger, but all in Lisbon and two of them at the university, so I'm concerned for them too. Age makes no odds.

Keep smiling and Illegitimi non carborundum! Kill those caterpillars with a vengeance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.