Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Mar 26th 2020, 4:56 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Ah, it is but words on a screen. If we can't annoy a few people with our hot takes every once in a while, sure what's the point even getting up in the morning?
Preach.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 6:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Ah! There you are. I just asked about your whereabouts along with Leslie.

Days off are allowed.....sometimes. I took a good 2 months off .
Did you???
Old Mar 26th 2020, 1:23 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It happens organically, I usually come back eventually

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Preach.
That's all I got
Old Mar 26th 2020, 2:04 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

An ambulance has just taken my neighbour away.
I had already posted that she was ill, so (hopefully) it's just "business as usual".
But the ambulance crew were fully gloved and masked - and I won't know anything until I can talk to her daughter in London.
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
An ambulance has just taken my neighbour away.
I had already posted that she was ill, so (hopefully) it's just "business as usual".
But the ambulance crew were fully gloved and masked - and I won't know anything until I can talk to her daughter in London.
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.
Got my fingers crossed here to mate
Old Mar 26th 2020, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

2 Months a, bevs good on you that's what i like to hear,can i ask a question please,yes oh good
Does that mask leave a mark all round your face.Only you have had it on a long time
Old Mar 27th 2020, 12:59 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
My niece ( nephews wife) just heard that after chemo, radiation treatment and a mastectomy that the cancer has spread to her liver. She is 45 years old. They have 2 girls 14 and 7. They are devastated. Treatment options are being discussed. [email protected]&k cancer

They came to visit us right after Christmas and she was doing so well. Treatment was almost over and she was so releaved when they told her everything looked great. Now this. Life really sucks and it is so cruel sometimes.
First test results have indicated mutated cancer cells. Second test is pending still and the results will decide the treatment plan, either more chemo or immunotherapy treatment.

The coronavirus testing is holding up results which kind of sucks and also will hold up treatment.
My nephew and his family were living in New York until 2 years ago but then they moved to Texas as his wife's family all live here. It has been great having them here and we are like a second mum and dad to both of them. They live about 90 miles from us ( not far really for Texas) and we get to see them often. What is so frustrating now is we can't be with them for support. Just phone calls and messages.

2020 really does need to start all over again with a different attitude. That's for sure!
Old Mar 27th 2020, 1:10 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

First test results have indicated mutated cancer cells. Second test is pending still and the results will decide the treatment plan, either more chemo or immunotherapy treatment.

The coronavirus testing is holding up results which kind of sucks and also will hold up treatment.
My nephew and his family were living in New York until 2 years ago but then they moved to Texas as his wife's family all live here. It has been great having them here and we are like a second mum and dad to both of them. They live about 90 miles from us ( not far really for Texas) and we get to see them often. What is so frustrating now is we can't be with them for support. Just phone calls and messages.

2020 really does need to start all over again with a different attitude. That's for sure!
I feel for you there. Being separated from my wife and family for an unknown period at a time of danger seems far worse than the risk to myself. It is only the dread of becoming a vector that stops me moving heaven and earth to be with them.

I hope all turns out as well as can be expected and that the law of secondary effects does not apply.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 1:30 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for you there. Being separated from my wife and family for an unknown period at a time of danger seems far worse than the risk to myself. It is only the dread of becoming a vector that stops me moving heaven and earth to be with them.

I hope all turns out as well as can be expected and that the law of secondary effects does not apply.
She is an amazingly tough and very positive young woman. Her attitude from the beginning has been
" one day at a time, and just get on with life".

I'm sorry you are away from your wife. It must be hard for you both.
By the way did you find out how your neighbour is doing?
Old Mar 27th 2020, 1:48 am
Resident Cynic

She is an amazingly tough and very positive young woman. Her attitude from the beginning has been

Yes (-ish) I posted on the coronavirus thread (it's all a blur..!!) I spoke to her daughter and I guess (reading between the lines) that she was taken into hospital due to the breathlessness and chest pains she had complained about (she has a pacemaker and is in her 80s). The daughter said she had been tested for COVID-19 but they're awaiting the results. So far there have been few confirmed cases in this area and my neighbout never goes out..... but she does have a cleaner and other carers visiting.
Her daughter is in London.... another is in Chester and the rest of her family is in South Wales.... that's a tough break for a woman of that age.

Thanks for your thoughts. I know my wife is worried because of my history, so I have to keep "chipper", but I miss her and my dogs. Please give your relative my best, cancer is a bitch, as I know only too well. I am waiting news from a friend near London whose wife was diagnosed with bowel cancer at about the same time as me. She is 15 years younger than me, but her cancer turned out to be at stage 4, with secondaries. She reacted well to chemo and had an excision and was doing OK, but then a mutual friend told me last week that the tumour on her liver has reappeared. Oddly, I actually feel slightly guilty for having contracted it sooner and surviving - stupid, or what?

Last edited by macliam; Mar 27th 2020 at 1:50 am.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 3:04 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Yes (-ish) I posted on the coronavirus thread (it's all a blur..!!) I spoke to her daughter and I guess (reading between the lines) that she was taken into hospital due to the breathlessness and chest pains she had complained about (she has a pacemaker and is in her 80s). The daughter said she had been tested for COVID-19 but they're awaiting the results. So far there have been few confirmed cases in this area and my neighbout never goes out..... but she does have a cleaner and other carers visiting.
Her daughter is in London.... another is in Chester and the rest of her family is in South Wales.... that's a tough break for a woman of that age.

Thanks for your thoughts. I know my wife is worried because of my history, so I have to keep "chipper", but I miss her and my dogs. Please give your relative my best, cancer is a bitch, as I know only too well. I am waiting news from a friend near London whose wife was diagnosed with bowel cancer at about the same time as me. She is 15 years younger than me, but her cancer turned out to be at stage 4, with secondaries. She reacted well to chemo and had an excision and was doing OK, but then a mutual friend told me last week that the tumour on her liver has reappeared. Oddly, I actually feel slightly guilty for having contracted it sooner and surviving - stupid, or what?
Life does dish it out a bit sometimes, doesn't it.

There will be better days.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Life does dish it out a bit sometimes, doesn't it.

There will be better days.
There will. For all of us
Old Mar 27th 2020, 3:21 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

There will. For all of us
And in the meantime you have a spectacular back porch.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
And in the meantime you have a spectacular back porch.
I do but right now everything is covered with Oak Worms. Horrible black striped caterpillars that fall from all our oak trees that surround us. They crawl up the outside walls, are on windows and the concrete drive. The only way we can get rid of them is spray them with soapy water. You can actually get a reaction of red whelps on your skin if they touch you. I try not to but they tend to drop down on you. This is the first year I have seen so many of them. Must be another plague instead of locusts.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 4:05 am
Resident Cynic

I do but right now everything is covered with Oak Worms. Horrible black striped caterpillars that fall from all our oak trees that surround us. They crawl up the outside walls, are on windows and the concrete drive. The only way we can get rid of them is spray them with soapy water. You can actually get a reaction of red whelps on your skin if they touch you. I try not to but they tend to drop down on you. This is the first year I have seen so many of them. Must be another plague instead of locusts.
- we get processionary caterpillars from the pine trees in Portugal, they do the same but worse - they can kill dogs if they inhale the fine hairs.
Now is the time to look for nests and destroy them before they hatch. We have five pine trees at the back of the house - and I can't be there!

Last edited by macliam; Mar 27th 2020 at 5:33 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.